• May 22, 2024, 11:20:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Freezing router?  (Read 195502 times)

mackworth

• Level 3 Member
Re: Freezing router?
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2009, 10:38:34 AM »

I just purchased another router because of this problem.

I did a little test, using an old g router from another company.  My dir-655 keeps stuttering (along with the slow to freeze problem here, which does seem better since disabling DNS relay), and it causes me to drop my remote desktop connection into work.  Switched to the old g router, stable.  Then switched back to 655, drops. 

I want to use my 655 as a g only access point, and I am hoping that by turning of the firewall, Qos, etc everything will work out ok.

Xinot

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2009, 11:29:25 AM »

I bet they will start debating that it does work.  ;) Those things are called 'myths'.

What can i say... Provoke again with brown tongue too.  ::)
I'm glad we have you, so our sad and dumbass world is in balance.
I bet next we get some explanation why you said that.
A3 1.3zzz

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2009, 11:37:15 AM »

That's one bet you lost. You reacted though.
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

smapdi

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2009, 11:59:40 AM »

I have to ask, do you work for D-Link or are you just a fanboy? More often than not, your comments are just condescending worthless drivel.

As for me, I am fed up with D-Link and the progressively worse support for this product (EOL as it may be). This is definitely the last D-Link product I will purchase unless I hear from reliable sources that they cleaned their act up (reliable sources would be smallnetbuilder.net, broadbandreports, hardocp, etc.).

I think a WRT310N with DD-WRT will be a good replacement and at least I know that the community there is knowledgable and helpful and that the devs are more than willing to troubleshoot issues.

frogywill

« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2009, 01:16:14 PM »

I have the same issue and it's making mad.... I need it to be reliable so I can remote login to my home computer.

I know it says you can't downgrade.
Is there a hack or way to downgrade anyway ?

Xinot

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2009, 01:26:03 PM »

Yep. I lost. We lost. Shame me. I should not doubt you.  :-X
Blind lead blind...
A3 1.3zzz

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2009, 02:19:42 PM »

I have to ask, do you work for D-Link or are you just a fanboy? More often than not, your comments are just condescending worthless drivel.

As for me, I am fed up with D-Link and the progressively worse support for this product (EOL as it may be). This is definitely the last D-Link product I will purchase unless I hear from reliable sources that they cleaned their act up (reliable sources would be smallnetbuilder.net, broadbandreports, hardocp, etc.).

I think a WRT310N with DD-WRT will be a good replacement and at least I know that the community there is knowledgable and helpful and that the devs are more than willing to troubleshoot issues.

If I was in anyway connected to Dlink I would behave more polite towards your kind probably.
Fanboy...is that you call somebody who wants to hear/say more than "It's the firmware"?
Good luck with the WRT (from the bottom of my heart. But you would have guessed that).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 02:26:58 PM by EddieZ »

jason1722x

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2009, 03:39:46 PM »

Ubicom products DO NOT have crash resets. The 30/30/30 that you guys are referring to does NOT effect 625/628/655/4500/825/855 model routers.

IF your unit is locking up at specific intervals throughout the day, I suggest a syslog program on a hardwired PC that way you can capture the logs before the unit fails. With the logs you should be able to determine the point of failure.

Hmmm... well 1st off there are sevral ppl that have came to this message board to try to figure out what the heck is going on.
If what you say is true about "Ubicom products DO NOT have crash resets" then I bet most ppl wish they did cause trying to track issuse that happen now & then is crazy. Example:I have an issue that only happens on friday if it's raining and I'm driving a red car with more then a hafe a tank of gas and I ware a white shirt with no stains from lunch which I had with my wife...etc...etc...etc..
People are having all kinds of issuse since updating to FW 1.31. LOOK at the posts not just "freezing router" but others also may have something in comin that the adverage joe can't see.

portforwarding: can't save port settings on reboot of router after changes are done

DNS Lan side issues: dropping wireless, packet loses, 404's sites, icmp 3 errors, shareport

I'm sure there are others but when ppl have issues with default settings after updating then somethings wrong.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2009, 03:51:12 PM »

The key to solving this is enabling Dlink to replicate the issues that are reported. Dlink has explained they cannot replicate the issues in the lab environment. So nobody seems to deny anything (I'm 100% sure Dlink staff have read each and every post), but if you want to solve it, you got to be able to diagnose in the lab to see what's going wrong. Only people reporting: 'it does not save x" or "it reboots" without the context of settings and configs is just not enough.
It's like asking a doctor to diagnose a disease when you only say to him "I don't feel well". But looking at the comments I've received this seems to be the genuine expectation of the local bunch here...

jason1722x

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2009, 05:42:54 PM »

The key to solving this is enabling Dlink to replicate the issues that are reported. Dlink has explained they cannot replicate the issues in the lab environment. So nobody seems to deny anything (I'm 100% sure Dlink staff have read each and every post), but if you want to solve it, you got to be able to diagnose in the lab to see what's going wrong. Only people reporting: 'it does not save x" or "it reboots" without the context of settings and configs is just not enough.
It's like asking a doctor to diagnose a disease when you only say to him "I don't feel well". But looking at the comments I've received this seems to be the genuine expectation of the local bunch here...

EDDIEZ.........I did not quote you! Who are you?
Since you have to respond EDDIEZ I understand what you said and it makes sense and I know I did not post a screen capture, config. settings. I would almost bet DLinks customer service is getting hammered and DLink knows somethings wrong.
 All I was trying to do was bring up issues that people have and keep engaged in a way that could be productive.
As for your comment about the local bunch here can be done without....not helpful.
I bought my Dlink and yes my expections from DLink if they want my $$$ in the future is to fix the problems, in whatever means that works.

I updated to fw 1.31 because I was trying out VOIP and had issues of dropped calls or choppy audio. As I don't claim to know anything, it was learning curve to find a way for me to make it work.

I'll try the next few days if I have time to post my details with colors pictures and just maybe I can do a powerpoint walk through.

saint12

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2009, 07:03:37 PM »

i also have this problem when but i am also getting a slowdown when looking at web pages it will slowdown and speed up on and off it gets annoying

Skyweir

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2009, 07:50:53 PM »

I'd be happy to send my router for analysis if D-link would send another in return

JaLooNz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2009, 01:42:49 AM »

Turning off DNS relay made things much better for me.

mackworth

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2009, 05:08:59 AM »

Turning off DNS relay made things much better for me.

Yeah, I agree.  Although now I am having problems where it seems to stall for a couple seconds, makes me drop any remote desktop sessions I have open.  But the slow down to 404s to completely freeze seems to remedied by turning it off.

bananaman

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2009, 06:25:44 AM »

Yep no freezes for me since turning DNS Relay off.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21