• June 15, 2024, 03:53:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: Freezing router?  (Read 196256 times)

jason1722x

• Level 3 Member
Re: Freezing router?
« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2009, 07:08:03 PM »

It's a consumer level conveinance thing. We implemented it so that the router would be a known DNS agent plus it enables advanced DNS.

For all those that are suffering from the DNS slow down, can you confirm that advanced DNS is disabled?

Indeed I have Advanced DNS Service and DNS relay disabled. Everything seems back to normal, no slow downs or dropped packets like it was when both were enabled. FYI:RoadRunner ISP

Have VOIP with Vonage and a Static ip for Vonage outside the scope of DHCP which I had switched to during the time I had updated my FW to 1.31NA because Qos was not cutting it with the network traffic I have.
During the busy time of day phone service can still have choppy audio @ times but I' still trying to work through this.

jason1722x

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2009, 07:18:21 PM »

Thanks so much for the response!

I thought people were talking about disabling the Advanced DNS Service as the fix. I didn't realize that the DNS relay was hidden on another screen. Thanks again so much! I hope it works.
I have both Advanced DNS Service and DNS Relay unchecked.

cbhiii

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2009, 07:22:54 PM »

Now that I've got DNS relay setting switched off my weather server, which is on a dedicated IP, no longer knew how to get outside of the network, but I've changed that back to DHCP and reserved it in the D-Link so it should be able to find it's way once again.

Thanks again for the heads up on that setting. I'm looking forward to seeing things clear up.

Cheers!

lotacus

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2009, 09:21:15 PM »

Every post from page 7 starting at saint12 should be moved to the dns slowdown thread. :P

sincity

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2009, 09:27:52 PM »

Along with tipstirs idea and jason1722x i no longer have these issues for now. Thank you.

Cant wait to hear the remarks eddiez will come up with now.

jason1722x

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2009, 09:44:10 PM »

Along with tipstirs idea and jason1722x i no longer have these issues for now. Thank you.

Cant wait to hear the remarks eddiez will come up with now.
Hey I have not been hear but maybe a week and I'm just trying to help. Eddiez has alot of posts and seems involved from the posts he has made. Besides I take no credit for it wasn't my Idea.

I'm no IT guy at @ but people suck..lol, they for the most part create their own problems.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2009, 02:44:11 AM »

EddieZ, do you use dns relay?  Apologies if you already mentioned that you did/didn't.

You don't like to hear this from me, but I'm error free with Advanced DNS enabled (so also DNS relay enabled).

Cant wait to hear the remarks eddiez will come up with now

I don't understand... Do you want to see a rude remark? My statement above will suffice. But if disabling fixes the issue...great!
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2009, 09:39:02 AM »

Now that I've got DNS relay setting switched off my weather server, which is on a dedicated IP, no longer knew how to get outside of the network, but I've changed that back to DHCP and reserved it in the D-Link so it should be able to find it's way once again.

Thanks again for the heads up on that setting. I'm looking forward to seeing things clear up.

Cheers!

Give the weather server a puiblic DNS...............

cbhiii

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2009, 10:44:23 AM »

Give the weather server a puiblic DNS...............

I have done that and don't have problems with my network servers anymore.

<<< BUT >>>
I just had an unexpected reboot out of the blue. The unit reconnected and is working fine now it seems, but it did reboot for no apparent reason.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2009, 12:19:06 PM »

Run a syslogger, see if you can capture it doing it again.

cbhiii

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2009, 12:26:25 PM »

I'll see if I can get my Macbook setup next to it with a program like that running.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2009, 12:29:55 PM »

Yea syslog will be able to capture the logs before the unit reboots and drops the entries.

csweet

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2009, 07:33:42 AM »

A2 - 1.21
Originally did not see any real problems with f/w 1.02 until the wireless was enabled.  This then caused problems with the router at least once a day where the router would not display the login page and the network was either intermittent or non-existent.  Upgrading to f/w 1.21 made the problem less frequent (once every 3 days), but is still not working.  I was thinking of trying the 122b04 f/w but cannot find it available anywhere.

lotacus

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2009, 08:53:52 AM »

Would like to update that, as expected, the router is acting up again today. There is a point were wireless access is spotty, as well as fails completely. Devices can associate with the access point, but pinging an outside address fails. Can ping the router, but cannot access the web gui. The same effect with wired PC.
The logs show the same thing as my previous entry.

Geraner

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2009, 03:04:43 PM »

Today I had the first time this problem with my DIR-655.
It was still possible to connect to my NAS in the LAN (DNS-323). But it was not possible to get anything from the router or to go out to the internet.

I have a syslog from the time when this happend, and when I had to restart the router.
Lycan, if you send me a PM, then I can send you the syslog from that time.

/Geraner
DIR-825 - HW: B1 - Firmware: 2.05WW Build05 Beta01
DNS-323 - HW: B1- Firmware: 1.08 Beta build 05
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21