• August 13, 2020, 01:05:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cannot bypass 350 Mbps.  (Read 1637 times)

FairyMental

• Level 1 Member
Cannot bypass 350 Mbps.
« on: June 27, 2016, 03:53:23 AM »

Hello. Here are the specs:
HW Version: A1
FM Version: 1.07

Motherboard: MSI B150 PC MATE (Yes, it can handle 1000Mbps)
ISP: RCS-RDS
WAN: DHCP
Cable type: CAT5E

If I connect my PC directly to the ISP cable, it can reach 950+ Mbps, if I connect it through the router, I only get 350 Mbps.
QOS disabled. Anything else is probably set to default.

I'm not an advanced user of routers, please try to explain even simple processes :)

FairyMental

• Level 1 Member
Re: Cannot bypass 350 Mbps.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 04:19:40 AM »

Possible solutions attempted:
-Changed CAT5E cable with another CAT5E cable. No change.
-Reset router to factory settings. No effect :(
-Turned off wireless broadcast, only LAN is active, only 1 computer connected. No effect.
-Turned off Advanced DNS, DNS Relay and every possible option of firewall. No effect.
-Changed firmware to ddwrt: Cap increased to 420 Mbps.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:56:25 AM by FairyMental »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 06:53:35 AM »

Link>Welcome!

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
  • What ISP Modem service link speeds UP and Down do you have? Link> Speed Testing Sites

Link> Cat6 is recommended.[/li][/list]

Downlink speeds and connection rates are different. Connection rate is the connection between the PC and the router only. !000Mb is a rate between them and not data flow. Data flow and speeds is the flow from the ISP thru the Router to the PC.

After a factory reset, disable Traffic Shaping, QoS, SPI and set IPv6 to Local Only and test...
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

FairyMental

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 07:06:05 AM »

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL? Cable, I believe? I have optic fibre contract.
What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have? No modem present in my house.
What ISP Modem service link speeds UP and Down do you have? Link> http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5434896644

Cat6 cable I'm getting that either tomorrow, or this thursday. Current cable: Cat5e, should though perform good enough.

Factory resetted and turned everything possible off, including QOS (Disabled by default anyway), Traffic Shaping ((Disabled by default anyway) and I do not have IPv6.

Now I switched my firmware to DDRWT, slight increase of speed...sometimes :))

As stated in the main topic: I get 900+ Mbsp directly connected to ISP, through router is falls to 350~ ish Mbps. So it's either the router, or the cable, or both. Also having settings that would reduce the download speed by 70%, I find it bulls*** as a programmer, efficiency = NEGATIVE!

Gonna send this router soon enough to warranty, and hope to get a different one. Seems I'm not the only one fighting with this issue that has no clear solution to anyone.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 07:23:18 AM »

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!