• June 15, 2024, 02:38:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: P2P application broken - NOW RESOLVED!  (Read 22867 times)

Cheenah

• Level 1 Member
Re: P2P application broken - NOW RESOLVED!
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2010, 07:02:47 AM »

Well, it's me again, and P2P is broken again.  As "wrf" stated more than once: any fix is temporary.  I am fairly certain this is the order of the problem:

1- download torrent
2- something goes awry, maybe a power failure on your end or a torrent issue
3- apparently all torrents in progress get stuck
4- delete all incomplete files in P2P folder
5- reboot
6- P2P works again

The problem is step 4.  I cannot delete the files and folders in the P2P incomplete folder.  It is driving me bonkers.  I am 99% certain that once I can delete the files P2P will start to work again, and it's a shame that I will lose the partial files that have downloaded but after days and days of struggling with this one simply wants the problem fixed. 

DLink support: why can I not delete some files and folders?  I have perused the other threads here on the forum, it's time for everyone to realize that non-deletable files and broken P2P are one in the same problem.  And it's my bet that it's the #1 problem this unit faces. 

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2010, 02:09:53 PM »

I believe the file is not able to delete because it is tagged as owned by the P2P client and is seen as in use. Disable the P2P Client and try it if that does not allow you to delete the file reset the unit to factory defaults and try to delete.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

C-Note

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 05:12:46 PM »

This procedure works for me:

1. Stop the P2P application
2. Delete the P2P application
3. Delete the most recently added torrent(s) when P2P stopped working...any torrents which were d/l fine before P2P messed up can be left in "incomplete" (they will still be there after you delete and reinstall P2P)
4. Reinstall the P2P application
5. P2P should be good to go again
5. Restart the torrents you still have in incomplete...all is not lost, the P2P program will continue where it has left off if you add the same .torrent file so you don't have to start d/ling from the beginning

And last but most importantly:

6. Wait for fix to P2P application!  ::)

(I can't complain too much though since I bought the DNS-321 not knowing there was a P2P application...I'm glad D-Link added it!)

Cheenah

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2010, 04:16:17 PM »

FOR THE SECOND TIME: I fixed my P2P

What C-Note says above worked for me, with one more step: I had to stop/start P2P app after reinstalling it to get things working again.  I also deleted the entire P2P folder and subfolder.  C-Note is right: if you uninstall the P2P app you are able to delete the stuck/undeletable files and folders in the Incomplete folder.  Then reinstall P2P, start and stop it, I added a restart of the NAS in there as well.  It's working. 

I'm getting rather tired of this device.  Honestly, I'm happy DLink moderators are here and active but they don't seem to talk to the programmers, and the programmers aren't working on the issue(s).  Give us the source code, Dlink, give it to us and we'll fix it. 

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010, 04:29:26 PM »

Yes we do talk to the programmers and they are aware of the issue and it will be addressed in future firmware and/or add-on.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

fairmang

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2010, 09:27:49 AM »

I just bought a DNS-321 and I installed the P2P add-on and no luck so far.  When I add a torrent it temporarily shows its loading then it disappears and stays blank.  I bought this NAS thinking it works well just like the DNS-323, I guess I will just have to wait for a future update to fix this issue :(

trumpjk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2010, 06:20:49 AM »

I had p2p installed and experienced same issue where I would add a torrent the screen would flash and would not show anything downloading.  I removed p2p but now when I try to install it I get message saying install faile please check hard drives. Both of my HD's show a status of normal and pass disk check. Any thoughts?

Cheenah

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2010, 05:37:39 PM »

To fairmang and trumpjk: that problem is exactly what happened to me as well.  If you see the circle spinning a few times then disappear P2P is broken.  Go into Configurations then Advanced then Add Ons then stop P2P then start it again.  Try another torrent, that is often the quickest fix. 
If the above does not solve your problem then stop P2P as described above then go to the P2P folders Complete and Incomplete and empty them out.  Often you'll have partial incompletes, delete them they are toast.  Go back and start P2P after cleaning out the 2 folders and try another torrent, it should work now. 
If the above does not work then go into Add Ons and delete P2P, clean out the folders Complete and Incomplete, reboot the NAS, reinstall P2P and start another torrent. 
The key is to clean out Complete and Incomplete.  You cannot delete incomplete torrent files while P2P app is running.  Good luck, if you plug away enough you'll fix it.  I have to do this every 2 or 3 months.

XR4Ti

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2010, 11:17:16 AM »

FYI, I ran into the same problem (spinning circle, then disappears). In my case, I believe it was the URL/pathname and certain characters in it (spaces changed to "%20"), which likely aren't compatible with Linux. I didn't try ESCing the spaces, but I can reproduce the problem consistently with pathnames containing spaces. When no spaces, it works fine.
Pages: 1 2 [3]