• June 15, 2024, 02:16:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: P2P application broken - NOW RESOLVED!  (Read 22866 times)

lankshire

• Level 1 Member
Re: P2P application broken
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2009, 09:27:26 AM »

I am also having the same P2P problems discussed here.  The strange thing is that the P2P app was working just fine when I have the 1.03 beta firmwares.  However, when I upgraded the the final 1.03 release version and the final P2P app, it started doing all the wonky things described.

What did D-Link change from the last 1.03 beta to the final release or from the beta P2P app to the final release.  It's good to know that the problem isn't unique to me.  Any D-Link support personnel working this bug?!?

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 09:44:04 AM »

According to the D-Link Engineer that posted on this issue, the last beta was the same code as the release 1.03.
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

Cheenah

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2009, 04:08:39 PM »

Just an update: I still cannot use P2P, I'm pretty stumped by this.  I've tried everything under the sun.  Can anyone tell me if with telnet I can see the core system files?  Like the HTML stuff and the OS files?  I'll try to solve this on my own. 

Cheenah

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 04:54:50 PM »

I fixed it!  I got P2P working again. 

HOW I FIXED MY P2P APP:  I simply deleted all files and folders under the P2P shared folder on the NAS.  This might sound obvious but my share permissions (users and groups) were messed up, not sure if this was a NAS problem or something I did.  I was not seeing the P2P folder by default when I opened \\nas , I had to grant myself access to the root folder, then I could see P2P, then I deleted all the files/folders inside of complete and incomplete files and folders.  I added a new torrent and it immediately started to work again.  Yippee!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 04:56:37 PM by Cheenah »

xvalue

• Level 1 Member
Re: P2P application broken - NOW RESOLVED!
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2009, 10:35:24 AM »

it might start to not work again though.

good workaround.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 08:43:07 AM »

I fixed it!  I got P2P working again. 

HOW I FIXED MY P2P APP:  I simply deleted all files and folders under the P2P shared folder on the NAS.  This might sound obvious but my share permissions (users and groups) were messed up, not sure if this was a NAS problem or something I did.  I was not seeing the P2P folder by default when I opened \\nas , I had to grant myself access to the root folder, then I could see P2P, then I deleted all the files/folders inside of complete and incomplete files and folders.  I added a new torrent and it immediately started to work again.  Yippee!

Has this resolved the issue for anybody else?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

xvalue

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 11:55:37 AM »

nope, mine is still broken.

djwiz1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2009, 06:54:26 AM »

I reinstalled the P2P in the add on manager and that fixed the issue for me.

xvalue

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2009, 05:48:24 PM »

ive re-installed mine several times and everything is the same. I have also used macs and PCs with various browsers (Including Safari on the iPhone!)

I wish we had at least an update from the devs that they have found the issue. Im going to bail and install fun_plug soon.

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 10:42:59 AM »

We are looking into it. I do have a unit producing the same issues so now I just need to verify what triggered it. Unlike some of the original posters issues I can simply restart the service through the Add-On menu and I am able to continue to add/start/stop torrents. It does appear that this issue only came up after I stopped removing finished torrents from my completed folder.

djwiz1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2009, 11:06:46 PM »

I am unable to download torrents again and this time, reinstalling p2p didn't fix the issue.

When I attempt to add a torrent, I get the pinwheel for a couple of seconds, but the torrent doesn't get added.  I checked the privs on the uncomplete folder and the folder isn't writeable.  I don't have permissions to make it writeable, even when I FTP in with a user with read/write access.

wrf

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2010, 03:52:29 AM »

Any progress from D-Link on this issue? 

In my experience, the fixes identified in this thread are only temporary.  The problem comes back.  Any additional suggestions would be welcomed.

JBMedeiros

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 02:44:48 PM »

Same problem here.

Any new sugestion? I cant delete P2P app because im downloading a 44GB file and i have 85% yet.

wrf

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2010, 05:17:42 AM »

Rather than start a new thread, I've updated the title to reflect that this issue has NOT been resolved.

JBMedeiros

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 06:02:49 PM »

Im being crazy with this problem.

2 months to get 85% of a 44GB torrent file and now i can't access status of this file.

First Dlink sell a gigabit storage that is NOT a gigabit speedy.

And now release a P2P program that's NOT secure to use.
Pages: 1 [2] 3