• June 15, 2024, 07:30:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Firmware 1.03 now available!!  (Read 62171 times)

daniel82

• Level 1 Member
Re: Firmware 1.03 now available!!
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 06:52:34 PM »

Nevermind... I just connected to the ftp.dlink.com server with a FTP client and went to multimedia/dns321/firmware   folder and downloaded it that way.  (try this if you are having problems with the main site)

Original message:

I am trying to download the latest firmware from the website but it seems to hang and never connect to the file itself.

I am having trouble finding the file being hosted elsewhere and would really like to try it to see if it fixed my xbox360 issuses
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 06:56:36 PM by daniel82 »

Ryder

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 07:04:34 PM »

You have to have a Rev. C hardware to use this feature I believe.

Ok, I'm stumped, where do ya find the hardware revision code? I have logged into my unit and looked through every page I can see and can't find it anywhere?   ???  :(  :(  :(
Must be time for bed,
The sun is coming up

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 05:50:06 AM »

Ok, I'm stumped, where do ya find the hardware revision code? I have logged into my unit and looked through every page I can see and can't find it anywhere?   ???  :(  :(  :(
Turn it over and look on the label. ;)
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 10:30:04 AM »

You have to have a Rev. C hardware to use this feature I believe.

This is false. All hardware revisions of DNS-321 have the hardware to support auto-power recovery. We only added the option in 1.03 firmware. There is NO configuration for it. Test it out, turn on your 321 and let it boot up. Pull the power plug from the wall. Plug it back in ater a few seconds, did it turn back on? Feature is working as intended.

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 10:34:41 AM »

Thanks for clarifying that, I heard somewhere else that didn't work for earlier versions.  Glad to know it was false. :)

networker

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 09:38:27 AM »

This is false. All hardware revisions of DNS-321 have the hardware to support auto-power recovery. We only added the option in 1.03 firmware. There is NO configuration for it. Test it out, turn on your 321 and let it boot up. Pull the power plug from the wall. Plug it back in ater a few seconds, did it turn back on? Feature is working as intended.

Hi! Could you add a config in the future to have this as an option. Not that I would have the problem but I'm sure there are some that would experience the power goes out comes back 30sec later out again! I know that electronic devices don't like the power flip-flop.
Thanks!

Ryder

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 02:57:33 PM »

Turn it over and look on the label. ;)

Duhhh!  :-[

Thanks gunrunnerjohn, never looked at the bottom, took my serial and model for warranty off the shipping box. But, now that the point is moot because D-L M cleared this up for all of us, I now know that my hardware is rev.A2. I bought it from Newegg.ca last spring and I'm wondering when rev C stuff started coming out? Sounds like Newegg is selling old stock if Joe got the same rev as I did and bought his very recently.

Ryder
Must be time for bed,
The sun is coming up

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 05:02:57 PM »

I may have mixed up the DNS-323 and the DNS-321, at least one of them have a Rev.C version, probably the DNS-323.  There was something, perhaps UPS functionality, that was tied to the hardware version of one of these boxes. :)

Ryder

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 05:17:01 PM »

I may have mixed up the DNS-323 and the DNS-321, at least one of them have a Rev.C version, probably the DNS-323.  There was something, perhaps UPS functionality, that was tied to the hardware version of one of these boxes. :)

I'm guessing that the 323 might be the rev C. It would be odd for the 321 to jump from rev A2 to a rev C, that's a huge leap for rev numbers.

UPS functionality? Ok, I'd be interested to know more if you can find the info. Is it that one box won't work on a UPS, or something like that?

Ryder
Must be time for bed,
The sun is coming up

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 05:20:49 PM »

At some point UPS functionality was added so that the USB port can monitor the UPS and do a controlled shutdown.  I don't use it, so this is just from memory of something that came by.

Of course, the DNS-321 with no USB port obviously doesn't have that capability. :)

Ryder

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2009, 05:47:56 PM »

Hmmm...an interesting feature indeed. But, not for me and my 321, I guess the next unit I buy will have to be a 323 or a 343 to have that ability.

Thanks for the info gunrunnerjohn, much appreciated for future purchases.

Ryder
Must be time for bed,
The sun is coming up

networker

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 06:45:29 PM »

Does it matter if the drives and the unit are sleep? I tried it after reading this and waited and waited - no power up. I pulled the power cord from the power strip that it was plugged into, when it did not come back on I pushed the power button and it started up. (H/W Ver.:A2) Retried - figured I did something wrong - same result!   :-[

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 05:57:54 AM »

I guess that option is not perfect. ;)

JoeSchmuck

• Level 3 Member
  • Retired Rocket Scientist
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2009, 12:37:52 PM »

Not true.  I just tested this and my NAS unit did not turn back on.  I am running firmware version 1.03, Hardware Rev A2.  I unplugged the power from the electrical outlet for 30 seconds and plugged it back in.  The only light on is the power supply (brick) green led.  The NAS remained off.  The drives were in hibernate because I didn't want to pull the power while the NAS was writting to the drives.

[Edit]  I was able to get the NAS to power down and reboot ONLY if I pulled the electrical connector from the back of the NAS, not the power cord out of the wall.  There must be something going on betwen the power supply and NAS electronics.  So long as I pull the power supply connector from the back of the NAS first, I can do anything like unplug the power supply from the wall, wait a few second and plug the NAS in, then plug back into the wall and it powers up.  I believe the electronics when the power is severed (both 5 & 12 VDC) together it works but I'll bet that when you unplug the power supply from the wall that the 5 and 12 VDC drop differently causing the discrepancy.  So this feature is not helpful to me since I doubt I'll be pulling that connector to simulate a power failure.  And this is fully repeatable.

-Joe
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 01:03:54 PM by JoeSchmuck »

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2009, 12:51:34 PM »

Hmm...  I'm beginning to see a pattern here!  I got curious and went down and pulled the plug on my unit, 1.03 firmware and A2 hardware.  Same result, it did NOT restart on it's own, after waiting for a minute, I restarted it with the power button.

Perhaps the D-Link representative would like to revisit the statement that the hardware revision doesn't matter?  :o
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6