• June 05, 2020, 07:37:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Set the Channel for the 5GHZ band?  (Read 221 times)

Maverick494

• Level 1 Member
Set the Channel for the 5GHZ band?
« on: May 14, 2020, 02:17:00 PM »

Is there a way to set the channel for the 5GHZ band?  I have an intel 9560 160MHz and it is only getting 60-80 Mbps on the wifi with an ISP of 1Gbps.  I was briefly able to get ~300-400, but since have not been able to replicate.  The research I have done says that the router 5GHZ band is on a lower channel vice one of the 80 Mhz.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Set the Channel for the 5GHZ band?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 02:18:51 PM »

Can you disable Smart Connect on this router? I don't have any experience with this new router.
If you can disable Smart Connect, you should be able to change channels manually.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

iamthepita

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 09:06:22 PM »

You'll have to get into your router settings, then click on "Settings", then click on "Wireless", and then turn off the "Smart Connect", and then click on "advanced settings..." to make your adjustments accordingly.  See attached image containing the screenshot of the router settings as a visual reference for you.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B10GY8gBYGwCaf5

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 06:42:41 AM »

Let us know if disabling SC worked for you.  ???

Is there a way to set the channel for the 5GHZ band?  I have an intel 9560 160MHz and it is only getting 60-80 Mbps on the wifi with an ISP of 1Gbps.  I was briefly able to get ~300-400, but since have not been able to replicate.  The research I have done says that the router 5GHZ band is on a lower channel vice one of the 80 Mhz.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!