• August 12, 2020, 08:13:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't stay logged in to admin console  (Read 1152 times)

JimmyB

• Level 1 Member
Can't stay logged in to admin console
« on: February 16, 2020, 12:33:34 PM »

Hey there, just discovered this forum, hope y'all can help

I need to assign a couple of static IP addresses.  I can log in to my admin console, see all the devices but whenever I try to do anything it kicks me out, back to the login page.  I've tried different browsers, a different laptop ... whatever I do, I can't stay logged into the admin console for more than a few seconds.  Is this a known issue, and / or is there way to fix it?

Thanks in advance

JB

PS Hardware version A1, Software version 1.04

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Can't stay logged in to admin console
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 09:24:27 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What region are you located?

Is this happening soon as you log in and go to enter in the IP address reservation or are you waiting a minute or two?

Be sure to clear all browser caches before entering the routers web page.
Does IE11 or Opera browser do the same thing?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 12:05:10 PM »

Any status on this?

I need to assign a couple of static IP addresses.  I can log in to my admin console, see all the devices but whenever I try to do anything it kicks me out, back to the login page.  I've tried different browsers, a different laptop ... whatever I do, I can't stay logged into the admin console for more than a few seconds.  Is this a known issue, and / or is there way to fix it?

Thanks in advance

JB

"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

K4130

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 06:57:04 AM »

Probably not the issue here, but make sure you don't use the app on your phone in parallel. The app requests will kick you out of the console.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 08:17:02 AM »

Any progress on this?

Thanks in advance

JB

plabrevo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 08:36:27 AM »

I had the same problem messing around in the setup, I was asked the admin password every 30 seconds.

As K4130 pointed out, this was due to the fact that I was also connected from the iOS Dlink wifi application.  Once I was sure I was disconnected from all my iOS devices, I did not have the problem anymore.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 09:44:05 AM »

Great pointer. I hadn't seen this as I don't use the mobile app after the COVR is setup. I'll check the app once in a while.

nhaimes

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 06:36:32 AM »

I am having the same issue, it's been doing this since I set the device up three months ago.
Model Name: COVR-2200   Hardware Version: A1     Firmware Version: 1.05

I do not have the app installed on my phone, I only accessed the router through a browser and it doesn't matter which one.  FireFox, Chrome, old and new Edge, on a laptop and on my phone.  Forced logout is continuous.

The resolution of accessing the router from a single source doesn't seem to work for me.

Any other thoughts?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 10:47:10 AM »

Downgrade to v1.04 FW. Factory reset the system and setup from scratch. Be sure to clear all browser caches as well.