• February 27, 2020, 10:24:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSL-2740M - wrong password on wifi connection - but is correct  (Read 784 times)

ljb2107

Hi

I have a DSL-2740M ADSL2+ that will not let me log into it via wifi from certain devices.

I am able to login via pc/tv etc but my iphones keep asking for the password. I enter it and it tells me its wrong (it is correct!) . It will then suddenly let me access the wifi and then drop out. This then repeats.

I have reset all network settings on the phone and the problem repeats. The router shows the devices as connected devices?

Does this router have a maximum number of devices that it can connect? I have around 10 wifi devices

any advice or suggestions would be welcome. Thank you

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: DSL-2740M - wrong password on wifi connection - but is correct
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 06:48:09 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your modem? Look at the sticker under modem.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the modems web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What kind of SSID and PW do you have set on the modem? Complex or simplistic?
Try a simple SSID and PW on the modem then see if all devices can connect...

• What security mode are you using? Preferred security is WPA-Personal. WPA2/AES Only. Some WiFi adapters don't support AES, so you might want to try TPIK only or Auto TPIK and AES.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!