• March 30, 2020, 07:58:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: One problem with this particular router  (Read 1981 times)

Daftajr

• Level 1 Member
One problem with this particular router
« on: August 17, 2018, 03:21:53 PM »

Hi I'm from Romania my ISP is RCS & Rds cable connection,  2.03 firmware, B1 version, PPPoe connection, 1 Gbs link speed
I changed pretty much any settings. The router lose packets (I guess) some time to time and this can corrupt my files when I download something or when I play some particular games is disconects me. I downgrade to a lower firmware and still nothing. I figured out is routers fault because if I put directly my ISP cable in to PC it's working fine no matter how long I stay online. I bought this router cause now I have an gigabit speed and my old D-Link was an 100mbs one. Is there any particular settings that can solve my problem?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: One problem with this particular router
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 04:20:08 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• Are you wired or wireless connected to the router?
  • Has a Factory Reset been performed?
  • Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch?
  Link> >FW Update Process
  • Was the router working before any firmware updates?

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?

Is this the only PC that his happens with? Try a different PC.
What browser are you using? Try IE11, FF or Opera.
Disable any PC security software and test again...
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

Daftajr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 06:26:07 AM »

Doesn't matter if I'm wired or wireless same problem. Anyway PC is connected to wire and I have a laptop also same problem with him. I factory reset before and after I updated firmware. I didn't disable my antivirus yet I will try and reply back. I don't have modem I have a direct cable from my ISP.  The router was doing those problems before but now is Abit often. I use different browsers because I doing some particular action's like Opera and chrome. The small apps are not a problem but big ones like 1gb+ sometime can get corrupt and have to download again. And I want to repeat downloads and online games work perfect when I connect my ISP cable direct to PC and not to the router. Thanks for the reply

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 09:48:51 AM »

If you factory reset the router and just set up wifi and nothing else, does it still happen?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

Daftajr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 11:57:13 PM »

Yes. But I still have to set username and password on PPPoe connection. Router is still in guarantee do you think should I send it back?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 06:22:05 AM »

Let u know what the results are.