• October 19, 2020, 11:58:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Replacing FIOS Actiontec with DIR-890L  (Read 1866 times)

JustD

• Level 1 Member
Replacing FIOS Actiontec with DIR-890L
« on: November 13, 2015, 06:56:34 PM »

Hey-

Iíve got two DIR-890L routers. The first is connected via ethernet directly to a Verizon Fios fiber demarc (I replaced the Verizon provided Actiontec router) and is set in Router mode providing DHPC services.

I donít think it matters but the second is connected through ethernet and a managed Netgear switch and set to  AP mode.

My internet speeds are very slow (8Mbps down and 1Mbps up).

I put the Actiontec back between the Verizon box and the first DIR-890L (released the IP and set the first DIR-890L to AP mode) and now Iím back up to almost 90Mbps up/down.

Both D-Lnkís are Hardware Version: A1, Firmware Version: 1.08

For simplicity Iíd prefer to not have the Actiontec in the mix and I donít think I should need it. Thoughts?

THANKS

-David

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  • ††▲
    ▲†▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Replacing FIOS Actiontec with DIR-890L
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 07:10:59 PM »

Try the new Beta FW v1.09.
Do a factory reset before and after loading the file. Walk theu the setup wizard and then configure QOS for you ISP speed.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

JustD

• Level 1 Member
Re: Replacing FIOS Actiontec with DIR-890L
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 07:51:57 AM »

Thanks Furry.

As directed I upgraded the firmware on the first router, released the IP on the Actiontec, removed the Actiontec and connected the DIR-890L. Set the QoS and voila! 90Mbps up/down via WiFi.

Updated the second DIR-890L, connected it to the first (wired) and set it to AP mode and I've got a nice, fast connection throughout the house.

Thanks again.

-David

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  • ††▲
    ▲†▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Replacing FIOS Actiontec with DIR-890L (RESOLVED)
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 12:34:41 PM »

Glad you go it working. Enjoy.  ;)
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!