• October 19, 2020, 11:06:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Beyond frustrated with DAP-1522  (Read 4242 times)

Rensi

• Level 1 Member
Beyond frustrated with DAP-1522
« on: May 17, 2013, 11:37:48 AM »

I apologize in advance if this has been addressed elsewhere, I have spent over 1 week scouring the net looking for a solution and can't find anything that works.

I have had this working on my computer for over 8 months.  Something changed and now I can't get it to work again. 

I have the DAP hard wired to my computer.  10 feet away I have a cisco router.  When connected to the DAP, I can see my router (login to admin) AND the DAP.  I can see that I have an IP on the router (via dchp reservation on the router), and other devices on the network connect to the net just fine. 

I have tried creating a static IP for the DAP through the router, doesn't work.  I have tried telling the comp to use the DAP as a gateway using the default IP (.0.50)...doesn't work.  I have assigned the DAP to an IP outside the range my DCHP (192.168.1.2) and I get nothing. 

Can someone point me in the right direction? I really appreciate it. 

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Beyond frustrated with DAP-1522
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 02:12:01 PM »

Ensure that your connected PC to the DAP is set for automatic obtain IP addressing.
Reset the DAP and open a browser to 192.168.0.50 an log in.
Run thru the installation wizard. This should help you get the DAP connected to the main host router.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!