• June 15, 2024, 06:50:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Does Not recognize Hard Drives to Format  (Read 27752 times)

lerner2669

• Level 1 Member
Re: Does Not recognize Hard Drives to Format
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 06:12:58 PM »

Obligatory "Me too"

Trying to swap out 2 350 GB hitachis in a DNS-323 for 2 1 Tb 7k1000.bs.

I actually RMA'd the ones I had bought originally, on the offhand chance TigerDirect sent me two bum ones.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 12:00:40 PM »

The Deskstar 7K1000.B - Model HDT721010SLA360 hitachi drives are currently not supported we are looking into this issue with this model of hard drive.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

dajacques

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 04:54:11 PM »

Same deal with the Hitachi's.  I too send them back thinking they were bum because the Newegg reviews reported a lot of DOAs.  Oops.

I hope these drives will be supported soon.  Not thrilled about eating the cost of them.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 01:42:18 PM »

As of last night a fix has been found however we still need time to implement the fix.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

dajacques

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 06:34:58 AM »

That's terrific!  It's great to hear you guys are on top of it.  Definitely a sign of good service on your part!

abuck

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 12:01:39 PM »

Is there any approximate date for the new firmware or any fix any soon ? I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for this as we just can't use it right now.

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 01:44:36 PM »

You can still use the drives by doing a soft restart from the web interface to have them recognized. We have to test the drives thoroughly and add the fixes to firmwares for all 3 current nas products so it will take some testing time but hopefully a quick turn around. We don't give dates for releases due to unseen 'changes'.

dns-user

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 12:04:47 AM »

You can still use the drives by doing a soft restart from the web interface to have them recognized.

Is there a way to restart the sytem with an commandline script?

What if i have a raid with two differnt disk. One will recognized an one not?!

dubya386

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 12:37:17 PM »

An additional "obligatory 'me too'".

Looking forward to the fix!

Oman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2009, 11:36:07 AM »

You can still use the drives by doing a soft restart from the web interface to have them recognized. We have to test the drives thoroughly and add the fixes to firmwares for all 3 current nas products so it will take some testing time but hopefully a quick turn around. We don't give dates for releases due to unseen 'changes'.

I unfortunately saw this post too late and purchased two of the problem drives to upgrade my 323.  Unfortunately even when a soft reset gets the 323 to recognize the drives, they seem to "fail" after about 10 minutes.  They are fine when connected to any other machine (Windows or Linux).  Even if I have the 1tb drive in bay 2 the drive in bay 1 (not one of the affected drives) will fail along with with.  A soft restart will get them going again but only for about 10 more minutes.

Is there any plan to beta test the new firmware?

Jon

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 12:56:52 PM »

We are verifying a new fw for the hitachi fix this week. Hopefully if all goes to schedule you will have a firmware to fix hitachi hard drive recognition soon :).

pepi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 07:35:26 AM »

An additional "obligatory 'me too'".

Looking forward to the fix!

asbaum

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 09:55:45 AM »

One would think that a simple fix for Dlink would be to make a "double boot" part of the boot process itself.  A hard boot, ac on, would toggle a switch that identified the completion of the initial hard boot and then the unit would immediately perform a secondary "soft" boot and clear the switch.

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 10:13:21 AM »

Its hardware detection and has to do with CPU timing. Adding a secondary check is a makeshift way of fixing it and its better to just nip it at the source.

just4while

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2009, 09:04:02 AM »

Its such a relief to hear dlink is working on the fix. I too bought 2 new hitachi drives with my dlink 343 and now i have a chicken and egg problem.

I put the 2 new HD into bay 1 and 2 (top 2) and as advise did a soft reboot and once it recognize the HD, i did a raid 1. A few days later, i bought another 2 HD (seagate) and put in bay 3 and 4. But when i tried to go to to config page, it say my drive sequence is wrong and only gave me an option to shutdown.

I realise this is beacause it doesnt recognize my 2 hitachi HD and so 343 sees bay 1 and 2 empty and bay 3 and 4 with HD thus triggering the 'drive sequence is wrong' error.

Because now i cannot do a soft reboot via the config page, i cannot use my 2 new HD. I find it frustrating that the config page will not allowed you to do anything if the drive sequence is wrong.

Just praying for the new fix for the hitachi so that i can use my 2 new HD.
Pages: 1 [2] 3