• June 15, 2024, 12:55:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Does Not recognize Hard Drives to Format  (Read 27750 times)

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Does Not recognize Hard Drives to Format
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 10:53:50 AM »

That is unfortunate. Try detaching all four drives and boot up the unit to get into the web based UI. Then attach the four drives drives with the unit on still and reboot from the UI. This may work for you, just an idea to get your unit going until the firmware release.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

just4while

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2009, 07:00:49 AM »

Hi ECF,

Thanks for the prompt reply. May i know is there any planned release date for the new firmware for DNS-343?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2009, 01:20:54 PM »

Sorry I don't have this information available to me.

asbaum

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2009, 10:11:20 PM »

Its hardware detection and has to do with CPU timing. Adding a secondary check is a makeshift way of fixing it and its better to just nip it at the source.

This was a response to my post:

One would think that a simple fix for Dlink would be to make a "double boot" part of the boot process itself.  A hard boot, ac on, would toggle a switch that identified the completion of the initial hard boot and then the unit would immediately perform a secondary "soft" boot and clear the switch.

I would agree that my suggestion is a "makeshift" way of fixing it and your suggestion that "better to nip it at the source" is truly the better solution.

But one truly has to wonder, now weeks later, whether Dlink can "nip this at the source" at all.  And whether my proposed makeshift solution wouldn't be an easy fix to implement right now until they figure out a way to address the timing issue once and for all????

just4while

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 11:42:01 PM »

But one truly has to wonder, now weeks later, whether Dlink can "nip this at the source" at all.  And whether my proposed makeshift solution wouldn't be an easy fix to implement right now until they figure out a way to address the timing issue once and for all????

Yes, It has been a long and agonzing wait for me. The administrator mentioned the new firmware would probably be ready in a week but its been close to a month now???

asbaum

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2009, 11:16:38 AM »

Two months, now!

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2009, 04:40:04 PM »

There is beta code available on the child board labeled...Beta code!!

just4while

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2009, 04:25:59 AM »

Its been so long now (6mths !!). Had dlink come up with the fixes for Hitachi HDD ?? I am so sick of pulling out my HDD and restarting the NAS everytime i start it up  >:(

just4while

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2009, 04:28:01 AM »

Its been so long now (6mths !!). Had dlink come up with the fixes for Hitachi HDD ?? I am so sick of pulling out my HDD and restarting the NAS everytime i start it up  >:(

Btw.  I am using DLINK 343 and not 323 as used by the threadstarter ? i am still waiting for firmware 1.03
Pages: 1 2 [3]