• June 04, 2024, 02:37:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-628 Working Sharepoint Windows 7 and OSX 10.5 Leopard  (Read 7817 times)

thestoic

• Level 1 Member
DIR-628 Working Sharepoint Windows 7 and OSX 10.5 Leopard
« on: December 27, 2009, 10:51:52 AM »

I wanted to share my experience in case it helped anyone else out.
After about 4 hours of working with this I was able to get it working.

You must:
Update to the latested firmware for your router - in this case firmware 1.22 NA
        - I had to try the same file twice in order for it to load the firmware
        - Also note that it is a good idea to save a copy of your configuration before you do this
Then you can download the newest Sharepoint - in this case Sharepoint MacOS Sharepoint 1.10 6/16/09
        - For the Windows 7 (I have dual boot) I used - PC Shareport Utility 1.10 5/12/2009

The windows 7 installer worked perfectly and found my usb hard drive plugged into the router nicely

Mac OSX Installer was not as nice and I was unable to run cosetup. Instead I had to drill the folders down and run the SharePortUtility_10_4 directly, which did work.   

So I hope this wasn't a waste of time and can actually help someone and prevent the frustration that I experienced. Add to the post if you have questions.

Dirkvang

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR-628 Working Sharepoint Windows 7 and OSX 10.5 Leopard
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 12:42:01 PM »

Hi great to hear that everything can work. I am not a pro mac user so I do not know what you mean by the folder drill down. Can you explain?

Thx
Dirk
www.duurzaamthuis.nl