• June 05, 2024, 12:02:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Error After Reserving IP  (Read 9401 times)

Rumpo

Error After Reserving IP
« on: January 14, 2008, 12:34:58 AM »

Hello,

My DIR-625 is officially 18 days beyond warranty and I've encountered my first problem.  Today I was reserving IP addresses in my router and received the following error after I saved the settings.

If I click OK on the error message above I'm instantly booted out of my router settings and to the Login page.  I'm able to log back in but as soon as I do but I get the same error message as above.  If I click Cancel on the above error it then gives me the error shown below.

At this point I'm able to change settings in my router just fine, but when I try to save it again the process starts all over.  This has never happened before today.

Here's what I've done so far...

• Power-cycle modem / router
  • Reset router with pen
  • Restored factory settings from built in router functionality
  • Firmware is up to date with 1.09
  • Reinstalled firmware with 1.09 again
  • Hardware Version is A1
  • Issue exists on two different computers, both with Vista Home Premium
  • Issue exists with either Internet Explorer 7 or Firefox

Any assistance would be great as this error will drive me nuts and I don't want to pay $80 for a new DIR-625.

Rad Spencer

• Capt.
  • Level 2 Member
  • Master D's Going Down!
Re: Error After Reserving IP
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 11:46:44 AM »

What browser are you using to configure the router? Try another pc as well.
Yeah, over to disposal area. Heroes always look good.

Rumpo

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 06:10:19 PM »

What browser are you using to configure the router? Try another pc as well.

Rad Spencer,

Please read the entire post.  The issue exists on two computers and in Internet Explorer 7 as well as Firefox.

Rad Spencer

• Capt.
  • Level 2 Member
  • Master D's Going Down!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 11:42:49 AM »

Whoops, missed that.
Can you get your hands on a XP machine and see if the problem persists?

Rumpo

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 12:10:34 AM »

Rad Spencer,

Yes I can but I'm skeptical about that working.  The reason for that is I've reserved IP's in that router on both XP and Vista for about a year now with no issues.  It was just out of the blue. 

I have since purchased a DIR-625 (Revision C) and the problem is gone.  Another reason I'm to believe that the issue is directly related to the router.

I'd be happy to ship the thing to one of the D-Link Technicians for testing if they so desire since I'm sitting pretty with my new one.

One more item of note, the issue began shortly after adding the VTA VoIP Telephone Adapter.  It's also a D-Link product but I was not able to find it in the Emulators.

I also have a D-Link DPR-1260 Print Server.  That's been in place for a while, working fine and has never been an issue.

Rumpo

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 12:48:53 AM »

I'd love to hear a reply in here from one of the D-Link technicians. 

I'm sure they've either seen this before or at least can provide some feedback as to possible causes / solutions.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 12:05:35 PM »

It may be that the unit has just failed. Although uncommon, it is not unheard of.
You are welcome to contact D-Link's technical services, see if you can get a replacement,
or you and I can try to work it our together here if you like, the option is yours.

I look at the security levels of the browser, see if you can allow the IP of the router to be a trusted site. Also try lowering Vista's IE security to low, just to see what happens.

Rumpo

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 11:02:40 PM »

Let me know if this is what you're talking about.

Also this...

Two things bother me about this.

• When the problem started (Jan 13th) I was 18 days past warranty
  • I can't figure out what it is...And that drives me nuts

I'd rather deal with you here, Lycan.  I'm sure your support is great, but working Technical Support myself (Major ISP) I don't have a great deal of faith that they can do anything that I can't do myself. 

Replacing it is not really a concern.  Figuring out what's wrong is my concern.

I've also uninstalled my Firewall (Unrelated reason) and it has made no difference.  The issue exists after I made the changes to Internet Explorer 7 that you asked.  It also does the same thing in Firefox.

Rumpo

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 05:23:45 PM »

Giving up already?

Slackers!

kevm

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 12:02:36 PM »

I would be interested to see what ATA you have for voip. I just signed up for ATT callvantage and brought my DIR-625 online. Still waiting for the ATA from callvanatge

Thanks

Rad Spencer

• Capt.
  • Level 2 Member
  • Master D's Going Down!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 01:39:12 PM »

Forward the ports that AT&T provide for you to the IP address of the VOIP device. Should be fairly simple.
Also there is a SIP ALG that may need to be disabled. Look under the ADVANCED tab under firewall settings.