• June 04, 2024, 06:53:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWA-125 loses network access and is disabled on reboot  (Read 7198 times)

ptatherton

• Level 1 Member
DWA-125 loses network access and is disabled on reboot
« on: December 18, 2009, 10:38:36 AM »

I recently bought this wireless adapter and all seemed well until I upgraded my HP PC to Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

Everything works fine until I attempt to download anything using Microsoft's download manager or my son attempts to use his Perfect World account. There may be other things that cause the problem but we haven't found them yet.

When we do that the adapter loses access to the internet which can only be fixed by restarting the PC. When attempting a restart the PC, it locks up at the shutting down screen forcing us to hold down the power button and force a shutdown.

Once successfully rebooted we have to re-enable the adapter under device manager because it has been automatically disabled.

I have tried disabling firewalls and changing the settings for the adapter to enable multimedia and gaming.
At first the power management feature was checked but unchecking that did no good either.

ptatherton

• Level 1 Member
Re: DWA-125 loses network access and is disabled on reboot
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 12:30:12 PM »

Ok, I've got some additional info.

The problem only seems to occur on my new HP 64 bit PC running Windows 7 Home Premium.

I have tested the card on an older PC running both XP Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate. I cannot recreate the problem on the older PC.

Additionally, it's not just during downloads that the card locks up. It happens after a random amount of time while just surfing any site.