• June 16, 2024, 12:39:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Need Advise before buying  (Read 4660 times)

manusz

• Level 2 Member
Need Advise before buying
« on: December 15, 2009, 02:26:29 AM »

I'm planning on uying a VPN capable endpoint router. That's because I have a  NAS (DNS-323 ) and need to connect through a VPN connection.
After Doing some reaserch, I found out there are no dlink wireless 11N VPN routers, and since I'm upgrading (I have and old DIR-524 UP wireless G and print server router), I'd prefer upgrading to 11N.
Should I buy DIR 330 or just patch my network with DIR 130 until We have news from DLINK, or should I just wait for a solution with 11N?
Does anybody knows if theres going to be any 11N VPN router from DLINK (or if there is and haven't seen it)?
Thanks in advance for your replies

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: Need Advise before buying
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 08:50:58 AM »

We do not have any 802.11n VPN gateways.  VPN endpoints are placed as business class products, and as such they suffer from the slower adoption of 802.11n in the business environment.

Unfortunately, I do not have any information I can release about upcoming VPN endpoint products.

I can't suggest products or solutions, but personally I would pursue distinct products for your wireless and vpn endpoint needs.

Also, if you are setting up a VPN to access your DNS-323 remotely it is worth noting that unless you have a NBNS server, NBNS name resolution will not happen over VPN and you will have to reference the DNS-323 by IP only.
non progredi est regredi

manusz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 06:34:15 AM »

Thank you very much for answer.

I would pursue distinct products for your wireless and vpn endpoint needs.

Could you please go deeper into the subjet? what would you recommend?

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 08:56:35 AM »

Unfortunately I can't go deeper into this subject, I am not supposed to be suggesting products.  Our pre sales line would be able to get your set up however.
non progredi est regredi

manusz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 09:02:22 AM »

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???