• June 04, 2024, 03:03:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSM 750 with Windows 7 laggy playback controls  (Read 2826 times)

schmecky

• Level 1 Member
DSM 750 with Windows 7 laggy playback controls
« on: October 04, 2009, 08:01:39 PM »

Just replaced my old Vista MCE with a new Windows 7 machine:

Xeon dual core, 4GB, 5 disk hardware RAID 5.

The 750 signed right in, and the new interface works great.  Video playback is fine too, however:
if I pause/FF/Rew Skip forward or back, the video pauses, and then choppily with do FF/Rew etc.

Sometimes it lags out for 10 seconds or more.  The problem does NOT occur on the new Windows 7 at the console.  Just on the DSM-750.  I've tried different resolutions, and rebooted the extender and the PC several times. 

It displays this behavior with recorded TV (SD/HD), and My Movies...

However if I "Back" the interface is still snappy and responsive... just seems to get confused when I initiate any "controls" over the video playback other than just "playing".

BTW - I am on wired ethernet connection, so this isn't a wireless issue.. Although strangely the Media Center network bandwidth analyzer shows some pretty wild swings in performance... I can't imagine it is accurate though, as there is little activity on my home network, and everything is plugged into a GbE switch.

Anyone have any ideas?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 08:08:06 PM by schmecky »