• June 04, 2024, 12:34:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Enabling Wireless Security Mode disables connection from router to modem  (Read 2630 times)

cly353

• Level 1 Member

Hey guys, I just recently purchased a DGL-4500 and I should have looked more deeply into the router before buying it. The modem is H/W A2 with F/W 1.14.

Whenever I turn on any of the security measures to prevent access to the network, I have to restart the router. Upon loading again, it is unable to see the modem. I noticed this because I saw someone mention it once but I couldn't find any other information about this. Does anyone know how to resolve this situation?

I've read alot about the firmware and I'm really concerned about updating it as the router may stop working completely. I heard 1.16 is probably the best version to use if you are already past 1.02. Does 1.15 or 6 resolve this problem or is there another way?

I don't quite see how enabling a password to the router would disable the functionality of the entire thing...

I'll provide more info if you ask, but only in 4 hours from now as I will not be at my computer during that time.

Thanks