• May 22, 2024, 08:53:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: problem setting priority for TCP ports defined in Virtual Server  (Read 4081 times)

dorway

• Level 1 Member
problem setting priority for TCP ports defined in Virtual Server
« on: September 16, 2009, 02:12:24 AM »

I've configured my eMule to receive high ID by adding 2 rules(one for UDP, the other for TCP) in [Virtual Server] settings. Then I proceeded to Gamefuel settings to set these two rules to lowest priority: 255. The UDP rule works fine while TCP rule doesn't. Some or all of the eMule TCP connections were 255 after I click [Save settings] in Gamefuel page. Several minutes later, or after a device reboot, eMule TCP connections' priority were all 128, instead 255 which I set. I even tried to set it to different priority like 61, 100 or 200. The result is still the same.

I've searched this issue for several days. Many other threads told people not to set extreme priority like 1 or 255. Some said manual settings are not necessary since the auto classification works great. In my case, I must set eMule to lowest priority manually because I often upload images, videos and email attachments. I don't limit eMule upload since I want to exploit the most bandwidth with Gamefuel.(That's the main purpose of this router, isn't it?) But auto classification gives eMule higher priority, which makes my other tasks virtually impossible to complete.

I finally found one guy has the same problem with mine. He finally reverted f/w from 1.8 to 1.6 to solve this issue. I think it's a ridiculous workaround. Any of you have an idea?

Info about my device:
I bought this used DGL-4300 from eBay. According to the label on bottom side, the H/W ver. is A2; the F/W ver was 1.4. When I first boot it, the f/w ver was 1.7. I then upgraded it to 1.9.