• August 12, 2020, 08:16:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-323 network light comes on at boot, then turns off  (Read 6564 times)

chshrkt

• Level 1 Member
DNS-323 network light comes on at boot, then turns off
« on: August 02, 2020, 10:45:17 AM »

When booting up, the port on my switch lights up and the network indicator light on the front of the NAS lights up, but then they both go out and I am unable to connect with my previously working mapped drive link in windows explorer.

It does not respond to a ping or web IP connect to it's IP address, which makes sense, since there is no activity light.

Any suggestions?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: DNS-323 network light comes on at boot, then turns off
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 09:15:24 PM »

Try a different port on the switch.
Try swapping LAN cables. CAT6 is recommended.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

chshrkt

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-323 network light comes on at boot, then turns off
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 07:28:19 PM »

I have done all that.

I also tested the ports on the switch with another device, as well as the cables.

I only have Cat5E cables, but for a ~10 year old device, that should be good enough.

I get the same behavior every time.

I have not been able to determine if the USB port on the back can be directly connected to a computer to migrate the data to another device, that would be an ideal solution.