• July 13, 2020, 03:12:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How do you update the firmware  (Read 440 times)

curtst

• Level 1 Member
How do you update the firmware
« on: May 26, 2020, 03:52:19 PM »

My sensor has out of date firmware. It isn't updating on it's own, and the app won't let me do it. I already contacted D-Link support, and RMA'd the product, but the "new" sensor they sent me is also out of date, and won't update.

I'm at a loss of what to do.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: How do you update the firmware
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 09:42:49 AM »

You should be able to set the time to update it. Is Auto-Update enabled?

Do you have connection issues with the sensor or does it connect quickly after waking it up (press the button and you should get a green LED in a few seconds)?

Manual - ftp://FTP2.DLINK.COM/PRODUCTS/DCH-S161/REVA/DCH-S161_REVA_MANUAL_v1.10_WW.pdf

Pages 19-20

With the DLink cameras I use, I set the time 30 mins ahead and wait about an hour. The firmware eventually updates.

I really wish D-Link would put a UPDATE NOW button in the mydlink app. I understand your frustration.

curtst

• Level 1 Member
Re: How do you update the firmware
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 04:32:08 PM »

Thanks for the reply! Sorry for taking so long to get back. I thought I had notifications turned on, but didn't.

I was having "connection issues" before this unit. As in, it would on a regular basis, say that the unit was offline. Which would then wake me at 2am in the morning because I set the most annoying and loud sound I could find, so it would wake me...if there was water in the basement. D-Link had me RMA that unit, and so far, I haven't had the offline issue, yet. Just won't update firmware, like my other two units did on their own.

As far as the manual goes, I already tried that before I RMA'd the first unit. The app doesn't give me the option. I see where it says "Current Firmware Version" but tapping it does nothing. Here is a screenshot of the app https://imgur.com/a/s9Jf8GS