• June 05, 2020, 07:43:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Disconnection between D-Link COVR C1203 and STA happened due to Deauth.  (Read 324 times)

choisadal

• Level 1 Member

1. STA info.
- Device type: IoT Device using Power Save Mode 
- Beacon check interval: 1.8sec
- using 'PS-Poll' frame method (802.11 standard): When the station receives a Beacon with its AID in the TIM element, the STA initiates the frame delivery by transmitting a PS-Poll control frame to the AP.

2. Root cause
- AP should send the Data frame after checking on STA wake-up from PS Poll frame. But, D Link COVR C1203 AP sends the Data frame before Beacon frame.
- Eventually, the STA does not receive the data sent before the Beacon frame.

3. Detailed description based on capture file between D-Link COVR C1203 and STA.
- Very often COVR C1203 sends Data frame(UC:Ping Request) to STA before sending Beacon frame.
- After sending Data, COVR C1203 notifies to STA having AID that there is buffered Data.
- STA response PS Poll “I’m ready to get the data” when the COVR C1203 indicates it has buffered frame addressed to the STA.
- Although COVR C1203 receives the PS Poll, COVR C1203 did not send the Data frame to STA. Because COVR C1203 already sent Data frame(at first step) before sendind Beacon frame.
- For that reason, COVR C1203 thinks STA is disassociated after trying to send data frame several times.
- So, upon receiving the data frame from STA, COVR C1203 sends Deauth frame to STA due to Reason code: Class 2 frame received from non-authenticated STA.(0x0006)

4. Standard procedure for receiving data from AP by device using Power Save mode.
- When the AP has the data to send to the STA.
- First, a Beacon(with AID) must be sent to notify to the STA that there is buffered data.
- The STA that receives the Beacon(with AID) from AP, transmits the PS-Poll frame to AP.
- The AP that receives the PS-poll frame learns that the STA is ready to receive.
- So, AP transmits the buffered data to the STA immediately.(802.11 standard)

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What is the Mfr and model# of the IoT device?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

choisadal

• Level 1 Member

Sorry I'm late

Thank you for your concern.
Please refer to the answer below.

What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
-> HW Ver. : A1
Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
-> initial F/W version 1.04, I tested latest F/W version 1.08
What region are you located?
-> Korea
-> My Device is Digital Door Lock with Wi-Fi solution.
-> Samsung SDS, It is a product under development.
-> For verification, I took the same test with Samsung smartphone Galaxy Note 10.
    The problem that came out of my product occurred in the same way.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this.
Link> Tech Support Contact Information
We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

choisadal

• Level 1 Member

Thank you

I'm in a very difficult situation right now.

D-link covr 1203 is unfortunately not released in Korea.
So I bought it in Amazon mall.
The problem arose here.
In Korea, it is not possible to provide technical support because the product is not officially released in Korea.
So, when I asked the US for technical support, it is possible to provide technical support only for off-line sales products used in the United States.

Now, I do not know where and how to request technical support for the problem of D-link covr 1203.
In addition, it is impossible to understand how global companies respond to customers of D-Link.
Please help me how to get technical support.

Thank you.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting

Ya, support is a regional thing. Korea has there own support and some regions don't support some model routers as in other regions, i.e. USA. There is no cross regional support.

I recommend that you return the 1203 to Amazon and find something that is fully supporting in your regional D-Link office.