• October 22, 2020, 08:26:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dl1nk DIR 645 need to reboot after changing port forward?  (Read 734 times)

arlesterc

• Level 1 Member
Dl1nk DIR 645 need to reboot after changing port forward?
« on: May 10, 2020, 03:30:06 AM »

Howdy. I have a Dlink Dir645.  If I change port forwarding rules or enable UPNP, do I have to reboot the unit?  What config changes require a reboot? Thanks in advance.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Dl1nk DIR 645 need to reboot after changing port forward?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 09:55:15 AM »

Most router changes will require a reboot. Only things that may not reboot is items under Administration.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

arlesterc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 04:06:01 PM »

Thanks. However if that is the case why does it not say that/warn when you make the change? The fact is the popup says the changes have been applied.  Do you have any link or reference from Dlink that confirms a reboot is required? I couldn't find anything in the docs or Googling.

Thanks in advance for any further attention to this.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 06:08:18 AM »

Possible it may not. Been a while since a used PF on the 645. I only use mine for emergency power outage wifi router.
If it doesn't appear after making changes, you can always manually reboot the router yourself then continue.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 02:27:05 PM »

It is not documented anywhere but most routers, not all, require a reboot for the settings to take effect, especially with any kind of rule creation such as port forwarding.