• March 30, 2020, 04:15:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSL Uplink issues  (Read 699 times)

lordofpc734

• Level 1 Member
DSL Uplink issues
« on: February 10, 2020, 07:52:51 AM »

Hi so a week ago i started getting this issue. the DSL Uplink drops frequently. i disconnected the modem from the splitter and connected the modem directly to the wall. as far as i can tell, there are no issues. so today i bought a new splitter (DSL-30CF) and installed it. (phone port to landline , DSL port to DSL-520B)
the frequency of this issue has been reduced but the problem still exists. i have verified the VCI/VPI settings, (modem is in bridge mode) and MTU settings.
the cable from the dsl splitter to modem is a year old
what can i do? is this issue common with the DSL-520B?

lordofpc734

• Level 1 Member
Re: DSL Uplink issues
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 07:54:37 AM »

i must add that the router is a DIR-819. but i don't think that the DSL issue is related to this router

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 08:04:20 AM »

Do not use a splitter. Keep DSL modem connected to a dedicated phone line. Make sure the phone line signal is good up to the modem.

"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

lordofpc734

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 08:21:48 AM »

But i have a landline phone that i use daily. you mean i should use other phone sockets? well, they're all dead except one. (the one in use right now)

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 09:23:02 AM »

Isn't there a extra RJ11 phone jack on the back of the DSL modem for 1 phone connection?

I recommend you have someone come in and get your phone lines and jacks in the home functional.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

lordofpc734

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 11:23:28 AM »

No. this is the backside of the modem https://images.app.goo.gl/gDKwvcKmkwp9cJtH7
also, making the other wall sockets requires demolishing, i've been using this method for almost a year. never had any uplink issues. (of course i had internet issues. but none of them were related to DSL Uplink)
what about SNR? how can i check that? and the other low level stuff.

lordofpc734

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 11:34:11 AM »

UPDATE : i was wrong! it even drops DSL Uplink with a direct connection to the wall socket. i guess i didn't test it long enough.
so there are 3 possibilities right? A-faulty cable between socket and modem, or faulty socket. B-Modem hardware issue. C-ISP issue.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 11:34:42 AM »

Correct.

lordofpc734

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 11:39:20 AM »

Right, now what i am asking from this great forum is who owns a DSL-520B? did they have any issues (like DSL uplink etc...) with it? is this modem known for DSL uplink issues?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 12:27:02 PM »

Been a while since anyone has posted about this modem. Look back at historical post, haven't seen anyone posting about the UPLINK having problems.

I would ensure the phone line and signal up to the modem is good. Contact the ISP and maybe have them send a tech. You might need the phone services tech to help out with cabling and ensuring the phone system and signal is good as well.

lordofpc734

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2020, 01:00:26 PM »

alright. thanks