• December 07, 2019, 04:17:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWA-182 being slowed way down in windows 10  (Read 719 times)

samwwjd710

  • Level 1 Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1
DWA-182 being slowed way down in windows 10
« on: September 07, 2019, 10:08:36 PM »

I have been messing around with this glitch a bit.. Here is my setup and situation.

Kubuntu 19.04 and Windows 10 booting on the same PC

Primary issue is in Windows: My speed is dropping from 20Mbps (expected from ISP) suddenly to .3Mbps (seems to be a correlation to windows apps running?)
If I uninstall the device through device manager, and unplug and replug in the DWA-182 Rev D1, it immediately installs properly, and as soon as I add the WIFI network/password it connects again at full speed. This might work fine for a few minutes or a few days before somehow windows 10 reverts to the issue of .3mbps download which is abhorrenly slow. Sometimes it will cut off completely and while showing me that I'm online, it won't connect to anything.

The only solution is then to uninstall the device, unplug it, replug it, re enter the network/password info, and then BAM back to 20Mbps. It doesn't seem to affect upload speeds; only download..

A few things I'm wondering:
-Is windows autotuninglevel is causing issues? I have NOT disabled it. It's running at Normal. I wonder however if parts of my network are running as public/restricted RWIN/TCP Windows?
-Why does it immediately happen when I open windows Maps app, or the store?
-Why would it throttle down from 20 to 0.3?

I have downloaded and installed the latest Windows Driver for the correct revision of my model number from the DLink site, and it DOES seem to perform better.. But still has the same issue.

Secondary issue, probably completely unrelated, and I haven't looked the new Linux driver on the d-link site as of 2 days ago... I suspect they adjusted it so that it doesn't install RTL8812au for rev D1; instead installing RTL8812bu.. HOWEVER:

Linux driver issues were resolved by manually forcing the driver to change from RTL8812au to RTL8812bu (this was based on information here: https://wikidevi.com/wiki/D-Link_DWA-182_rev_D1 and here: https://superuser.com/questions/1330482/how-to-get-d-link-dwa-182-rev-d1-running-under-linux)
Sometimes my linux distro will update the kernal, causing it to lose that configuration, but I just make and install the same files and it recompiles for the new kernal and sets it right again.
Logged