• September 26, 2020, 01:15:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Configured and have many problems  (Read 664 times)

cib3r

• Level 1 Member
Configured and have many problems
« on: July 22, 2019, 07:46:30 AM »

Hi there,

Last week I configured my DIR-882 for my ISP. All seems work (IPTV and Internet but not tried VoIP), but have many problems with both services:

• Bad latency on games.
  • Bad speed on Wifi (2-4Ghz and 5GHz), surfing the web or downloading files
  • Bad speed on ethernet (using the same as in wifi)

First day used automatic update to upgrade firmware to 1.20. Is this 1.20 B6? or another BX? I guess that is 1.20 and B6 is a beta firmware, I'm right? Upgrading to B6 fixes some of my problems or maybe have something wrong configured?

Thanks in advance.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Configured and have many problems
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 08:14:43 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What region are you located?
  • Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch?
  Link> >FW Update Process

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
  • What ISP Modem service link speeds UP and Down do you have? Link> Speed Testing Sites
  • By-pass the main host router and check internet connection by connecting a wired LAN PC directly to the ISP modem to verify connection access and ISP speeds.
  • Check cable between Modem and Router, swap out to be sure. Link> Cat6 is recommended.

Do you have QoS enabled or configured?

B6 is a Build number, not beta.
After logging into the routers web page, do one of these in the URL section of the browser and report your findings:
http://dlinkrouter.local./version.txt or 192.168.0.1/version.txt and see the build number and date.

Are you using Smart Connect?

• Any other WiFi routers in the area that maybe causing interferences? Link> Use a WiFi Scanner to find out. How many?

Hi there,

Last week I configured my DIR-882 for my ISP. All seems work (IPTV and Internet but not tried VoIP), but have many problems with both services:

• Bad latency on games.
  • Bad speed on Wifi (2-4Ghz and 5GHz), surfing the web or downloading files
  • Bad speed on ethernet (using the same as in wifi)

First day used automatic update to upgrade firmware to 1.20. Is this 1.20 B6? or another BX? I guess that is 1.20 and B6 is a beta firmware, I'm right? Upgrading to B6 fixes some of my problems or maybe have something wrong configured?

Thanks in advance.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Configured and have many problems
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 09:09:51 AM »

Reset the router. Version 1.20B06 had a lot of code changes. Reset the router (hold paperclip in reset hole for 10-12 seconds and release) and setup again. Let us know if you still are having issues.  Note you will lose all your settings when resetting the router.