• April 20, 2019, 06:03:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Covr-1203 WiFi hangs intermittently  (Read 663 times)

Tikkaspecial

• Level 1 Member
Re: Covr-1203 WiFi hangs intermittently
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2019, 04:01:26 AM »

About 20 feet and all updated to 1.05 (which I couldn't do via app, had to do via browser). However, having had the issue when I [finally] got them all upgraded and communicating, and still having the same issue the next morning, they no longer seem to be dropping the signal. Very confusing because nothing in the setup has changed. I'm hoping they remain this way!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2019, 06:24:48 AM »

20 feet maybe too close and the wifi signal overlap is causing problems. Try 30 feet.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

m8377

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 11:35:20 AM »

Testing with the DLink switch still has issues, although they are less then before. I am running FW 1.06 from ftp://ftp.dlink.ca/PRODUCTS/COVR-C1203/COVR-C1200_REVA_FIRMWARE_1.06.BIN on the suggestion of a D-Link support staff member. I am testing right now with only 2 nodes "A" and 1x "B" node placed ~50feet apart on opposite sides of the house. I still see on occasion that the B node will flash orange and any wifi devices connected to it will hang and not communicate with outside internet. I have not been able to test with connecting to a local device, or with a ethernet device on the B node. The WebUI suggests that the B node is using ethernet because if I reset the device and use wifi backhaul I get orange signal strength. If I reset again and use ethernet I get full green bars on the signal strength.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 11:43:03 AM »

Might ask support people that if this doesn't clear up, might ask for an RMA...
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!
Pages: 1 [2]