• March 20, 2019, 12:20:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Covr-1203 WiFi hangs intermittently  (Read 136 times)

m8377

• Level 1 Member
Covr-1203 WiFi hangs intermittently
« on: March 10, 2019, 06:56:32 PM »

I have setup my system to use Ethernet backhaul with both B nodes plugged into an unmanaged switch. Sometimes when I am using a device (browsing internet, streaming video) it will become slow for up to 20s on that single device. I managed to get a speedtest running during this and my speed goes from 80mbit -->1mbit during the slowdown.

This can happen when I am in the same room as either the A or a B node where the device has no reason to switch between nodes.
Running Hardware A, FW 1.05. I have started logging to a syslog server and can upload the log on request. Same with screenshots/setting.bin.

Any ideas on what would cause this?

Edit:
After 5min of syslog I have almost 2k lines that are almost all spamming these messages https://imgur.com/a/rhbshFN
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 07:09:35 PM by m8377 »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: Covr-1203 WiFi hangs intermittently
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 09:32:10 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What region are you located?
  • Has a Factory Reset been performed?
  • Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch?
  Link> >FW Update Process

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?

What is the distance between the router point and the remote points? Feet?

• Any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz cordless house phones or WiFi APs near by that maybe causing interferences?
  • Any other WiFi routers in the area that maybe causing interferences? Link> Use a WiFi Scanner to find out. How many?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

m8377

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 09:12:25 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What region are you located?
Canada - We share most hardware/software config with the US. Hoping this may be an issue with US version as well?

Yes
  • Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch?
  Link> >FW Update Process Yes

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
Shaw Cable
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
Hitron CGNM-2250  set to bridged mode

What is the distance between the router point and the remote points? Feet? Both B nodes are ~20ft from the main node, about 2-3 rooms away.

• Any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz cordless house phones or WiFi APs near by that maybe causing interferences?
There is a 2.4ghz home phone. 0 nearby WiFi networks on 2.4 or 5G.
  • Any other WiFi routers in the area that maybe causing interferences? Link> Use a WiFi Scanner to find out. How many?
0 Nearby networks

After resetting I though I would try setting up the B nodes as wireless. Now I see the B nodes connect, get the solid white light. Then after 2-5 minutes the light will flash orange, white then go solid. If I unplug the B node and measure the wifi signal it looks stable.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 09:30:29 AM »

Ok, 20 feet maybe a bit too close. I would try 30 feet if wireless with the B remotes.

So when Ethernet connected to the B Points, any switches in between the A router and B Points? If so, Mfr and model# of this switch?

I would test the current wireless configuration with B points wirelessly connected to see if anything continues to hang. Keep us posted.
If nothing hangs, I would then connect just 1 B point via ethernet and test again.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!