• April 19, 2019, 09:15:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-822 REPEATER MODE DOESNT BROADCAST 5GHZ  (Read 947 times)

rhenzkiejung

• Level 1 Member
DIR-822 REPEATER MODE DOESNT BROADCAST 5GHZ
« on: January 18, 2019, 01:09:30 AM »

Hi guys!
   I'm just a new member here, just trying to figure out on how can I fix my DIR-822. So my problem is that I can't broadcast 5ghz SSID.
  Any idea guys? I would really appreciate it, thanks!!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: DIR-822 REPEATER MODE DOESNT BROADCAST 5GHZ
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 06:50:53 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

So the 5Ghz SSID is not being seen on a wifi scanner on a device?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 06:55:52 AM by FurryNutz »
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 9 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 07:16:50 AM »

What revision router do you have? I do not believe the US version has repeater mode on it.

rhenzkiejung

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 05:41:16 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.

H/W VER: B1 F/W VER: 2.02(KR)
Thanks for noticing my post. So my router can provide 2.4ghz/5ghz band and  when it comes to repeater mode there are two options scan for 2.4ghz/5ghz but even I scan for 5ghz, 5ghz wifi cannot be broadcasted it only shows 2.4ghz. Just to clarify, I can detect the 5ghz SSID of this modem but I wasn't able to repeat my 5ghz wifi

rhenzkiejung

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 05:42:43 AM »

What revision router do you have? I do not believe the US version has repeater mode on it.
Hey thanks for noticing my post. Yes it has repeater mode but I can't repeat 5ghz, it only shows 2.4ghz even I scan for 5ghz.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 12:21:56 PM »

What region are you located?

Are you using a different wireless router in front of the DIR router?

Link>Welcome!

Thanks for noticing my post. So my router can provide 2.4ghz/5ghz band and  when it comes to repeater mode there are two options scan for 2.4ghz/5ghz but even I scan for 5ghz, 5ghz wifi cannot be broadcasted it only shows 2.4ghz. Just to clarify, I can detect the 5ghz SSID of this modem but I wasn't able to repeat my 5ghz wifi
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

rhenzkiejung

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 04:20:29 AM »

What region are you located?

Are you using a different wireless router in front of the DIR router?

Link>Welcome!

I'm from Philippines. No I am not using a different router in front of DIR router, and when I use my phone to connect to the 5ghz SSID  the same spot where the DIR router is located at, I can connect to the 5ghz SSID.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 09:53:58 AM »

The 822-US model router sold here in the USA doesn't support repeater mode. D-Link may have a similar model for your region that may.

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this.
Link> Tech Support Contact Information
We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.