• January 23, 2019, 02:20:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Interfacing the DAP-1860 to the DIR-895L  (Read 85 times)

Pahoo Katawah

• Level 1 Member
Interfacing the DAP-1860 to the DIR-895L
« on: January 14, 2019, 01:17:01 PM »

I just received the dap and did a wps button connect, which appeared to be successful. However, all the devices appear to connect to the router and ignore the extender, even after they choose the extender for connection; at some point they revert back to the router. I'm talking in the neighborhood of 11-12 devices.
I would appreciate any help/suggestions. I do have time to return the extender for credit but fact is, I should "need" it!

Pahoo

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 9 Member
Re: Interfacing the DAP-1860 to the DIR-895L
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 01:53:25 PM »

Your clients are responsible for selecting the best network. You may want to "forget" or remove the wifi network of the 895 router on your devices so it has to connect to the extender but if the clients are connecting to the router and you are not having any issues, you probably do not need the extender.

Note that extenders do not boost your wifi signal. There are 2 chips, 1 connects to your router, the other broadcasts the extenders wifi network for your clients. Doing this you lose bandwidth.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 01:55:24 PM by GreenBay42 »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: Interfacing the DAP-1860 to the DIR-895L
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 02:02:32 PM »

what is the distance between the DIR and the DAP? Feet?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!