• September 25, 2020, 11:30:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-842 Rev C Firmware v3.10B05 Released  (Read 4865 times)

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
DIR-842 Rev C Firmware v3.10B05 Released
« on: August 14, 2018, 02:45:54 PM »

Firmware version 3.10B05 released. This fixed the DNSmasq security vulnerability.

Note there are 2 firmware files. You must upgrade to the "middle" file first, and then to v3.10B05.

Firmware - ftp://FTP2.DLINK.COM/PRODUCTS/DIR-842/REVC/DIR-842_REVC_FIRMWARE_v3.10B05.zip
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 12:30:44 PM by GreenBay42 »

lbj388

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR-842 Rev C Firmware v3.10B05 Released
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 02:08:03 AM »

Firmware version 3.10B05 released. This fixed the DNSmasq security vulnerability.
Note there are 2 firmware files. You must upgrade to the "middle" file first, and then to v1.10B05.
==============================================================================================
Would you help that I missed to upgrade the "middle" file first and directly upgrade to 3.10B05. How can I reset to 3.02 or any suggestions to do now? Thanks.

lbj388

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 02:13:57 AM »

I am not sure if this wrong upgrade caused the network speed slow down greatly. I got rather good speed before upgrade, but now the speed is not acceptable. can someone help?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 06:25:38 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What region are you located?
  • Are you wired or wireless connected to the router?
  • Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch?
  Link> >FW Update Process

How are you speed testing?
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
  • Is ISP Modem/Service using Dynamic or Static WAN IP addressing?
  • What ISP Modem service link speeds UP and Down do you have? Link> Speed Testing Sites
  • By-pass the main host router and check internet connection by connecting a wired LAN PC directly to the ISP modem to verify connection access and ISP speeds. Power OFF the ISP modem and router for 1 minute then power ON the ISP modem. Then power ON the router.

"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

lbj388

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 07:54:11 PM »

What region are you located? I am at Macau (Asia)
Are you wired or wireless connected to the router? Wireless
Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch? Yes

lbj388

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 08:02:39 PM »

How are you speed testing? I didn't do speed testing, just found a running circle frequently show and the film was heavily lagging after the change of firmware.
What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL? I guess DSL
What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have? Sorry that I don't know
Is ISP Modem/Service using Dynamic or Static WAN IP addressing? Sorry that I don't know
What ISP Modem service link speeds UP and Down do you have? Link> Speed Testing Sites, Sorry that I don't know
By-pass the main host router and check internet connection by connecting a wired LAN PC directly to the ISP modem to verify connection access and ISP speeds. Power OFF the ISP modem and router for 1 minute then power ON the ISP modem. Then power ON the router. my NB has no LAN port hence I can only use wireless to connect to the router.

lbj388

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2019, 10:39:39 PM »

What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have? ZTE, ZXHIN F643

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 06:30:17 AM »

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this.
Link> Tech Support Contact Information
We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!