• December 12, 2018, 03:47:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Speed Issue  (Read 857 times)

rjames65

• Level 1 Member
Speed Issue
« on: July 11, 2018, 04:36:10 AM »

Hey everyone,

I have DIR-605L which is the most basic router. I have a plan of 50 Mbps and there are only two devices always connected to the router.
One is my dekstop via LAN and one is my laptop. On LAN whenever I do speed test , the speed is always around 49-50 Mbps but on wifi it fluctuates a lot and sometimes it is only around 30 Mbps.
I know that i am not going to get the exact speed as in LAN but why such a huge difference? Can anyone tell me the reason?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: Speed Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 06:56:17 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Wireless has many variables that can cause speed inconsistencies, interference, device design, router configuration, environment and surroundings.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!