• November 17, 2018, 04:36:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: trouble with personal hotspot connection  (Read 585 times)

Chip Oidos

• Level 1 Member
trouble with personal hotspot connection
« on: May 20, 2018, 05:45:07 PM »

I am trying to use an old iPhone 4S as a wireless hotspot but cannot get the camera to connect to it. It connects without difficulty to my iPhone 7. I have tried multiple attempt including using the advance settings page.
I assume the iPhone 4S uses the same security as the iPhone 7 [encryption = WPA2-PSK and cipher = AES]
The only thing that is strange is that the iPhone 7 is recognized by the D-Link software by its device name [Chip's iPhone 7] while the iPhone 4S  has a 30 digit alphanumeric name [ie- not Chip's iPhone 4S].
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Chip

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: trouble with personal hotspot connection
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 09:19:06 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Can you try not using any security on the 4S phone to see if the camera will connect to this phone at all?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!