• October 21, 2018, 12:36:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: wifi goes down when connect router to switch  (Read 986 times)

mellis102

• Level 1 Member
wifi goes down when connect router to switch
« on: December 29, 2017, 06:47:37 PM »

I hope someone can help me here. I have a cable modem which is connected to my router. I then have a ethernet cable which connects my router to a switch in my house that connects various hardwired ethernet outlets throughout the house.

Everything was working fine for months since I set the system up. Now if I have the switch connected to the router, I have no access to the internet (either hardwired or wifi). I can't even connect to the router through wifi via the router's ip address. As soon as I disconnect the switch, the wifi works fine, but of course, none of my hardwired outlets work.

I have done powercycling the modem and router, reset the router to factory settings, have the latest firmware, etc. Nothing changes the situation.

Any ideas? Thanks!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: wifi goes down when connect router to switch
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 09:37:19 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?

What is the Mfr and model of this switch?

Swap LAN cables beween the router and switch and tried different ports?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 03:13:27 AM »

you might be using a managed switch with default IP of 192.168.0.1. (e.g tplink 105e ).

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 11:34:56 AM »

Hopefully the poster will come back and let us know which model he's using.  ::)
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!