• April 27, 2024, 01:46:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Error on shareport install  (Read 15054 times)

richuwo11

• Level 1 Member
Error on shareport install
« on: August 14, 2009, 08:15:13 PM »

hi,

i have a DIR-655, and it is update to the newest firmware 1.32NA and i downloaded shareport version 1.10. the program wont install, i get this error everytime with no progress on the install at all:

"Failed to install SXUTP. Installation has been cancelled"

i am using Vista x64 btw, plz help.  ???

viinceennt

Re: Error on shareport install
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 12:20:49 AM »

dont bother using shareport... its usless cause dlink is slow in making new firmware and fixing the dir-655 problem... firmware 1.32NA is a peice of crap... you should of stayed at the 1.21 version...

other then that... youre wasting your time trying to install shareport...

my opinion... exchange the router with another dir-655 firmware 1.21 or get a different router...

i found out that ALL recent firmware updates for ALL dlink routers are crap...most routers are having problems cause of the firmware...

richuwo11

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 06:46:04 AM »

not really the answer i was looking for.... i have absolutely no problem with the router, only the error on the shareport install which may be firmware related, i dont know...

anyone else have this problem???

yukon721

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 10:41:46 AM »

I too recently updated to the latest version of Shareport.  It works fine on the MAC which is not surprising at all. I am having connection problems with my Lenovo x200 laptop wired and wireless. I am running XP Professional. It sees the printer but will not connect. I have scoured the internet for a fix including these D-Link forums with absolutely no luck in finding one.  They say never give up.....well I know when I am beat.  Oh well so much for using Shareport on my laptop.  I am just going to buy a wireless n print server and call it a day. Good luck to anyone if they find a fix.  E-mail me if you do. I can be reached at yukonhawk@yahoo.com.

Best of luck,

Yukon
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 10:58:10 AM by yukon721 »

retiredtech

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 11:13:27 AM »

I have a DIR 655, an Intel vista 64 and an Intel XP laptop. Shareport installed and works (printing) on the vista. I too get the "Failed to install SXUPTP" but only on the XP.

ripper64

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 03:38:18 PM »

I was getting this error and even called tech support for my DIR-655 router. They told me that this software does not support 64-bit vista or 64-bit window 7. I was able to get this installed via a work around.

1.   Go to Device Manger
2.   Right click on your computer name
3.   Select Add Legacy Hardware
4.   Click Next
5.   Select the Advanced Option, Click Next
6.   Click Next again
7.   Click Have Disk
8.   Click Browse
9.   Select the file "\dir655_pc_shareport_utility_110\Files\Sxcsapi\WinVistaX64\Sxuptp.inf"
10.  Click Ok
11.  Select SXUPTP Driver and click Next
12.  Click Next again
13.  Let that finish and exit.
14.  Run "dir655_pc_shareport_utility_110\Setup64.exe" It will install successfully this time.

retiredtech

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 01:54:54 PM »

Ripper64, thanks for the work around. As I mentioned, I had no problems with my Vista x64 desktop, but got the failed install message on my Dell I9200 XP Professional laptop.
There is a similar file (sxuptp.inf) for Windows XP in the install "Files".
Do you know what is the equivalent of "Add Lagacy Hardware" in XP? Or what driver would I update? The literature on sxuptp seems to indicate it is a "keyboard" driiver??
BTW DIR655 Tech Support so far as only asked me to try again.

retiredtech

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 02:21:44 PM »

Also, if i search for sxuptp I find the sxuptp from the install set already in .../system32/drivers even though the install failed.