• June 02, 2020, 09:45:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: dns 343 nas to nas backup  (Read 2370 times)

msamp

• Level 1 Member
dns 343 nas to nas backup
« on: June 16, 2017, 04:14:00 PM »

hi-

I inherited two dns 343'sfrom work when we upgraded. I've got each loaded with four 2T drives. firmware version 1.05.

I have a couple T or random junk (movies, pdf books, pdf scientific papers, etc.) on one and I am trying to back it up to the other. both have static IPs out of the range of the dhcp server.

when I start a remote backup on the target system, backup, it *seems* to be working fine...for a couple of hours. I look and only a few tens of gigabyts of data have been transferred. I can re-run the backup, and it will move more, but it always stops running with a 'backup completed' or some such message. is there some magic to getting it to do the entire backup? Yes - I can just do an old-fashioned drag-and-drop to move the files, but that puts my pc in the loop. i'd rather get this working.

I haven't done any major network troubleshooting because the message given by the 343 makes me think it thinks it's really done.

oddly - ALL of the filenames are created, but they're all empty except for those few (hundred) that actually copy.

thanks for any help.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: dns 343 nas to nas backup
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 09:36:58 PM »

How are these connected? To a router or LAN switch?
Gb network switch would be recommended for best performances.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

msamp

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 09:52:24 AM »

sorry for the long time to reply - I was expecting to be notified of replies to my post :-)

connected to a switch

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 11:21:59 AM »

The switch GB or 100Mb?

So the back is says it's completed but not all data is xfer'd?
How much data are you tring to move? total size?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!