• May 23, 2024, 02:58:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 1.07 - fan cutout, pink lights and disks not spinning down  (Read 2719 times)

kempsonc

• Level 1 Member
1.07 - fan cutout, pink lights and disks not spinning down
« on: July 22, 2009, 03:29:22 AM »

I upgraded to 1.07 for the automatic fan cutout.  So far, the an cutout has not done anything (stays on all the time, even at low temperatures - and I can't find a configuration for this, so presume it is supposed to be automatic).  Also, two night ago I came in to find two pink lights (I think they are meant to be amber, according to other posters) - very pretty, but not good I suspect.  And to top it off, the disk spindown has stopped working!

Needless to say, I've gone back to 1.05!!

I have 2x WD 320Gb disks.

Charlie

kempsonc

• Level 1 Member
Re: 1.07 - fan cutout, pink lights and disks not spinning down
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 09:28:12 PM »

I've been reviewing other postings on this topic indicating that these functions are in general working well, and following the advice in there on checking internal / external activity.  I'm happy to say that whilst I still don't know what caused the pink (amber) lights, everything else is now working just fine. 

The disc spindown was due to my own fault (ouch) - a cron job running every five minutes checking the status of the connected 1TB USB backup disk, where the script was located on the HD_a2 disk.

The fan was presumably not switching off due to the discs never spinning down, for fixing the first problem has also corrected the second.

Back on 1.07 and very happy at how quiet the unit now is at night!

Charlie