• July 09, 2020, 08:40:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: 202L Disconnect (RESOLVED)  (Read 19964 times)

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: 202L Disconnect
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2016, 10:25:06 AM »

Was the power cycle due to the DNR not being online or just wanted to power cycle it?

I power cycled the unit Tuesday morning.  It survived the first night and is still online.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2016, 10:25:56 AM »

Went offline Monday morning.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2016, 10:27:49 AM »

Ok. Keep us posted.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

BAMoh

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2016, 10:29:56 AM »

You have yours on static IP?
"That's laughable...."  Impress me. Need COMPETENT help.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2016, 01:11:37 PM »

You have yours on static IP?

My external ip address resets maybe once every 2 years,  if that's what your asking.

I'm sure I have the Dnr 202l reserved in the router is attached too.  I have not had to use a different local ip address to access it.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2016, 01:47:08 PM »

Care to try a static IP address instead of a reserved address?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2016, 07:46:31 AM »

Mines still online... ;D

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2016, 10:34:33 AM »

Mines still online... ;D
Care to try a static IP address instead of a reserved address?

I guess. This will take some time to setup .

It's offline again today along with a 960l that's on the same router.  I'll give it a pass today though, my Internet and cable TV was down for 5 hours last night(rare). I'll reboot that side later tonight.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2016, 10:39:59 AM »

Ok. It's easy to setup static on the DNR and DCS if you can. Nothing else to set up or re-associate with the MDL service. Both DNR and DCS been UP for me accept for some DWA-192 and 890L testing last couple of nights. After testing was done, camera came back on line automatically for me as I had disabled wifi radios and changes SSID names for testing.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2016, 10:57:58 AM »

It was the routers fault this time. It had failed to reconnect to the Internet. I reboot it last night,  and the dnr202l is still good today.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2016, 10:58:54 AM »

Kewl beans. Mines still online as well. Been almost a week now.  :D

It was the routers fault this time. It had failed to reconnect to the Internet. I reboot it last night,  and the dnr202l is still good today.

beetlenut

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2016, 09:07:24 AM »

I am having disconnect problems with my DNR-202L as well.  I just purchased it a few months ago, and immediately started having trouble with it disconnecting from the network after a few hours (red x in mydlink) I have replaced the Ethernet cable, set up static IP, and replaced the router with no help.  My cameras are having no issues - just the DNR-202L disconnecting after a few hours.  I have to do a power cycle to get it to reconnect, sometimes twice, which defeats the purpose of having the network recorder as it isn't recording after disconnecting.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2016, 09:09:55 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DNS? Look at the sticker behind or under the device.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DNSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?

I am having disconnect problems with my DNR-202L as well.  I just purchased it a few months ago, and immediately started having trouble with it disconnecting from the network after a few hours (red x in mydlink) I have replaced the Ethernet cable, set up static IP, and replaced the router with no help.  My cameras are having no issues - just the DNR-202L disconnecting after a few hours.  I have to do a power cycle to get it to reconnect, sometimes twice, which defeats the purpose of having the network recorder as it isn't recording after disconnecting.

beetlenut

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2016, 09:13:16 AM »

I will get more info tonight as I am at work.  It has the latest firmware.  I am in Des Moines, IA USA

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2016, 09:19:43 AM »

Ok.

One thing I did, was to fill out a support ticket under the DNR-202 on D-Link contact us support site. I gave them the MDL service ID number of my DNR and info of what was happening and a link to this forum thread. My DNR has been online since then.

I will get more info tonight as I am at work.  It has the latest firmware.  I am in Des Moines, IA USA
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8