• September 28, 2020, 11:21:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Compatibility of DI 655 router and switch go sw 8e  (Read 3158 times)

jollie987

• Level 1 Member
Compatibility of DI 655 router and switch go sw 8e
« on: April 15, 2016, 09:54:58 AM »

Would like to know if there are any issues I need to be aware of when using a DI 655 router and a DI switch, GO SW 8E?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Compatibility of DI 655 router and switch go sw 8e
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 10:16:03 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

I presume the switch would work however the 655 supports 1000Mb on connection speeds were the switch your asking about only supports 100mb so you would see a performance drop.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

jollie987

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 08:51:43 AM »

Appreciate your response and the information you provided.   The version of the DI 655 is 1.21.   I'm now thinking of the GO-SW-8G due to the info you provided.   Will this new equipment solve the problem of slower responses with the GO-SW-8E?  Again, thanks for your help.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 02:25:01 PM »

Yes this would keep performances good. Also need to check to see if your PC hardware also support Gb networking speeds. Some NIC adapters only support 100Mb...
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!