• June 15, 2024, 11:16:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Spontaneous Router Failure (DGL-4300)  (Read 6962 times)

hooliocah

• Level 1 Member
Spontaneous Router Failure (DGL-4300)
« on: July 13, 2009, 07:21:55 AM »

I'm not feeling very confident that I'll get any answers that might help me, because I think the router may just be dead, but it's worth a shot.

Yesterday I was doing a wireless backup from one computer to my DNS-323 NAS connected to the DGL-4300 and went out to grab some groceries. When I got home I had a file transfer failure error and just figured something happened to the wireless signal. After repeatedly doing everything I could think of to connect again, I plugged in my laptop to the router via ethernet cable and it could not obtain an IP. I reset the router using the button on the back as well as hard reset by unplugging from the outlet.

The system would restart yet neither the wireless or wired connections would be able to get an IP. I tried holding the reset button for an extended period on the router and when it finally reset I had stock setting but the connection seemed fine. I was happy and went to restore my previous settings using my backup file, the router reset but didn't power back on.

Is it possible that the router is bricked or might there be something I can do by taking it apart that could get the router to power on again?

Thanks,

Ryan

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
Re: Spontaneous Router Failure (DGL-4300)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 08:01:28 AM »

Surely sounds like it's dead.  Definitely not bricked.  Bricking would usually have to be because of a bad firmware flash.