• June 15, 2024, 08:28:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Fun_Plug 0.7 and Transmisson  (Read 3379 times)

phaeton

• Level 1 Member
Fun_Plug 0.7 and Transmisson
« on: December 17, 2015, 05:00:40 AM »

Apologies to the Mods if this is incorrect but starting to clutch at straws to resolve this issue.

Had a DNS-320 for quite a few years but didn't like the included P2P Torrent software, found Fun_plug & Transmission, installed them & all has been running find for a long time. Unfortunately last week one of the drives failed, they were in Standard & not in any Raid format unfortunately the drive that failed was Volume 1.

A new drive was purchased & installed into the unit, formatted & all is well as far as the ShaerCentre software is concerned. I can install Fun_Plug 0.7 & get SSH access to the box but I am unable to find a 'good' copy of Transmission suitable, all the guides out there all seem to refer to either installing Slacker which internally refers to the same repository or to WGET the files from the same website that is no longer available  http://kylek.is-a-geek.org

So the questions are either does anyone have the original files from http://kylek.is-a-geek.org or is there a 'better' method more readily available, as said I don't particularly like the inbuilt torrent client with it's lack of GUI.

Regards

ivan

• Level 8 Member
Re: Fun_Plug 0.7 and Transmisson
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 06:59:23 AM »

You would be better asking on http://forum.dsmg600.info/viewforum.php?id=14

phaeton

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 07:09:30 AM »

Thank you Ivan for that suggestion, however looking at it they appear to also reference the non existent website as well  :'(

ivan

• Level 8 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 03:05:04 PM »

Sorry about that but one thing about that site is that they will help if possible.  If you ask there you would be more likely to find someone that has a copy.

I know I shouldn't ask but did you have a full backup of the failed drive and if so, is it possible to get what you want from that?  We have two NAS boxes (RAID 1 with one box backing up the other) setup just to store all the software that we and our clients use, including previous versions, bit since we don't use Transmission we don't have a copy.

albert

• Level 5 Member
    • SoHo NAS Forum
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 07:03:01 PM »

TS, let me know which version you're looking for, I do compile this and other FFP addon as I have this NAS myself.
D-Link DNS-320 rev A1 (FW: 2.05) [FFP-0.7]
PCI NAS-01G (FW: Encore ENNHD-1000 4.10)
PCI NAS-01G (FW: OpenNAS 1.9]