The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-2230

Email Test Error (SOLVED)

<< < (2/4) > >>

zzyzxx_x:
This is so weird.
My cam was working just fine with gmail, with the settings described.
For some unknown reason, without changing anything at all, it doesn't work any more.
And I cannot get it to work, no matter what I try! All I get is "Test error".
What really bugs me, is that I didn't change anything with the cam or the router!
Yipes.

FurryNutz:
If it had been working and you haven't changed anything on your side of the ISP services, it could possibly be something on the ISP side of things.

--- Quote from: zzyzxx_x on December 14, 2015, 07:27:44 PM ---This is so weird.
My cam was working just fine with gmail, with the settings described.
For some unknown reason, without changing anything at all, it doesn't work any more.
And I cannot get it to work, no matter what I try! All I get is "Test error".
What really bugs me, is that I didn't change anything with the cam or the router!
Yipes.

--- End quote ---

zzyzxx_x:
Agreed. But how to troubleshoot that?
I know from (painful) experience speaking with anyone from Comcast is only a waste of time...

FurryNutz:
Might try a different email account and set up from scratch and see.

Hard Harry:

--- Quote from: zzyzxx_x on December 15, 2015, 08:47:32 AM ---Agreed. But how to troubleshoot that?
I know from (painful) experience speaking with anyone from Comcast is only a waste of time...

--- End quote ---

I feel your pain. Both as a customer and a former employee of a similar ISP; Cox. Did Comcast customer service also get a lot worst in the last 2 years?

Anyway, what settings were you using? Also, is your camera on your Comcast home network?

Something I notice is Comcast says to use port 465 for SMTPS . This makes me think they have started using STARTTLS vs TLS on that port. The whole thing is super confusing though, if your curious, and want to know more, see this blog post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version