• April 05, 2020, 10:42:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Scheduling WiFi Guest Zone  (Read 1432 times)

nettewurk

• Level 3 Member
Scheduling WiFi Guest Zone
« on: September 10, 2015, 10:37:27 AM »

Can its WiFi Guest Zone be scheduled according to the "Time & Schedule" screen?  My DIR-636L and even DIR-655's guest zone can be set and the guest zone's schedule should be within the main wifi zone's.  So I hope that I didn't miss where to find it.  Else, be put it in the wishlist of DIR-880L
DIR/DCS/DNS

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Scheduling WiFi Guest Zone
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 10:41:31 AM »

Scheduling is only supported on the main WiFi radios.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

nettewurk

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 09:04:04 AM »

Yes for DIR-880L.  But have you check other older models like the one I indicated?  I'm not complaining but suggesting if it would it be better implement it also for high end models.   Thanks!
DIR/DCS/DNS

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 09:15:23 AM »

This maybe something D-lInk didn't include on this model router. Yes I'm aware of older router UIs. Just because it's there doesn't mean that D-Link saw a need for it on newer generation routers. This would be something that D-Link would need to review and consider adding back in. Possible reason they didn't maybe that scheduling and guest zone and smart connect may not be compatible. Smart Connect is a new technology and would be something to figure out if it would work with an older feature. I recommend that you phone contact your regional support office and ask them about this. Request they review for feature consideration.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!