• May 23, 2024, 01:26:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Permissions setup to access media  (Read 1800 times)

Legion

• Level 1 Member
Permissions setup to access media
« on: August 09, 2015, 04:16:48 PM »

Pretty simple question really.
I have a 345 which I temporarily have connected to my Linux desktop through a Gigabit switch.  Speed is great 45-50MB/s.  I have set up my user account and through dolphin (KDE File manager) I have set up automatic login for my account through which I can access my DNS folders, add / delete / move files and folders through my user account.  The problem I have is that when I try to play any media file VLC starts up then fails with "553 User not allow". How do I either give VLC permission to play the file, remembering that I am accessing it through my own account, or how do I set VLC up to send log in details when it tries to access a file through my account? It is not just VLC, Kaffeine has the same problem. Thanks.
Update: after lots of searching I have set up FTP: Anonymous, Read only but it didn't fix the problem!

Update 2:  This would appear to be a VLC and/or Linux issue rather than the DNS 345 as it seems to work OK in Windows.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:38:21 PM by Legion »