• August 12, 2020, 08:29:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: No VoIP behind DGS-1210-28p with AVM FritzBox  (Read 4805 times)

drasche

• Level 1 Member
No VoIP behind DGS-1210-28p with AVM FritzBox
« on: June 23, 2015, 02:15:25 PM »

Hey guys,

recently bought a DGS-1210-28P to have more ports and to fire up my Cisco IP Phones and a wireless access point. Unfortunately my VoIP config doesnīt work with the DGS... Here is the setup:

I have a Fritzbox 7490 running in IP Client mode connected to the DGS-1210 and my firewall is also connected to the same switch. The firewall has a second link to a DSL modem to connect to the internet. The Fritzbox is configured with 3 VoIP numbers from 1und1 (German provider), but since the DGS is now the center of the network, the Fritzbox can no longer register the VoIP numbers with 1und1. I tried configuring all possible port settings like fixed speed, IGMP snooping, disabling VoiceVLAN and all ports are in the default VLAN 1. Unfortunately I wasnīt able to find the correct setting  :(

A simple test to just exchange the DGS-1210 against a dumb DGS-1008p made my VoIP config work immediately. So, the DGS-1210 needs some special settings to make VoIP work together with a Fritzbox.

Does anyone of you have a good hint for me?

Bye
Dirk

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: No VoIP behind DGS-1210-28p with AVM FritzBox
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 10:53:49 AM »

Is there any information in the User Manual by chance?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

drasche

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 11:02:24 AM »

Just to update you: I found the error :-)

As I already suggested it was the switch that was preventing my VoIP connection from working. The switch simply is too intelligent.

I set the "DoS Prevention Service" to "Disabled" and immediately my VoIP went online.

Hope this info is of use for anyone.

Have fun
Dirk

drasche

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 11:04:00 AM »

Is there any information in the User Manual by chance?

Nope. Read thru it but didnīt find anything.

Found it by try and error ;-)

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 11:05:52 AM »

Glad you found the feature to disable and make it work. I presumed it would be a feature in the switch. I wouldn't have known what to check for. Thanks for posting the information. Ya, Smart switches are abit more complex to use than the dumb ones. LOL.

Enjoy.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!