• August 03, 2020, 06:13:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Anybody try infrared lights with this model of camera?  (Read 1459 times)

syllinx

• Level 1 Member
Anybody try infrared lights with this model of camera?
« on: May 05, 2015, 11:35:46 AM »

I'm going to order a infrared light to use where my first camera was installed. Just wondering if it will actually work with this camera since I heard some of them have a filter that doesn't really let it work.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Anybody try infrared lights with this model of camera?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 12:02:36 PM »

I use a 933L which has night time viewing. Works well. Can see at night where it's placed. You can't the camera in front of a window as the glass reflects the infrared LED light back and causes the video to be white out.

"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

syllinx

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 12:14:46 PM »

I'm just hoping to use my 930l and put the ir light beside it.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 12:29:54 PM »

it may or may not work. if you disabled Nightvison on the 930L then it might disable any video use even if you used an external IR source. I don't know.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!