• September 25, 2020, 04:19:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Auto reboot schedule for DES-3200  (Read 9620 times)

jerryeheath

• Level 1 Member
Auto reboot schedule for DES-3200
« on: March 23, 2015, 01:20:11 PM »

I would like to set up my DES-3200-28P switch to automatically reboot each day at a certain time in the early-morning hours.  Could someone help me configure this either via web interface or command line?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Auto reboot schedule for DES-3200
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 01:29:27 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What region are you located?

Is there any information regarding this in the User Manual?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

jerryeheath

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 01:49:40 PM »

I am in Virginia Beach, VA.  I have looked in the Web Interface and Command Line manuals but I can't find any information on how to accomplish this.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 02:19:25 PM »

Not sure if it maybe supported or something thats not detailed in the manual. I'll forward this to D-Link and see if we can get some help on this. You may need to phone contact D-link support and ask for help. We find using the phone has faster results...let us know if you find out anything.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

Rara Avis

• Imperator
  • Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 02:27:54 PM »

jerryeheath,

I don't think I have ever seen a switch with a feature like that.  Why would you want to do such a thing, have you found some sort of a memory leak on the switch?

Or is your concern more indirect (meaning it isn't the DES-3200-28P you want to reboot, but whatever it is powering perhaps)?  If that is the case, then the common solution would be to assign a time range to the poe ports that excludes a second when you want the reboot to happen.

Either way, I can't think of any reason to want a feature like this except as a bandaid for a much more serious problem.

Good luck!
Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. - Seneca
There has never been a great genius without a element of madness.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 07:23:10 AM »

Any status on this?  ???

I would like to set up my DES-3200-28P switch to automatically reboot each day at a certain time in the early-morning hours.  Could someone help me configure this either via web interface or command line?