• May 26, 2020, 05:03:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Extend Network  (Read 2991 times)

mrkennethtong

• Level 1 Member
Extend Network
« on: February 14, 2015, 07:26:06 AM »

How do I use this as a Range Extender? I have two and would like to place another in a marginally strong area and extend the Network, but this being new, it is not apparent!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Extend Network
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 07:46:50 AM »

Can try this:
Turning a router into an AP.

I know there is AP mode on the router which I believe set up the same as above...I don't think Bridge mode is supported as of yet or will be.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

mrkennethtong

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 08:13:31 AM »

Have followed the link but MUST I do the instruction with the SSID or can I just enable Smart Connect on both routers?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 08:28:44 AM »

Being that SC is new and is a automatic feature, I presume it may or may not work right. Since the 2 routers should be on different channels and can use the same SSID in the normal way of setting up a 2ndary AP, I'm not sure how SC will behave and react to another SC feature being used on the wired AP. You can try it and see how it works. I would recommend disabling SC on both and manually setting up the radios with manual channels that differ and test that out.

Have followed the link but MUST I do the instruction with the SSID or can I just enable Smart Connect on both routers?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

mrkennethtong

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 12:47:20 PM »

You are the best, will do all this later and hope it works!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 12:50:29 PM »

Smart Connect Technology

Let us know how it works out...  ;)

mrkennethtong

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 05:49:24 PM »

With the latest release of the firmware and a sanctioned AP-Mode, I can simply enable this now no?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 07:38:58 AM »

SC can be disabled or enabled. Up to you the user on how you wish to use the router.